Netscape releases Netscape Browser 8.0.3.1

Sushubh

Administrator
Netscape has released another security update of their latest browser update and the latest version now stands at Netscape 8.0.3.1. This patch was the fix two “critical” security flaws in its rendering engine and another patch is due soon which would be fixing a couple of more minor security issues with the browser release. Netscape spokesperson Andrew Weinstein said while announcing the update: “There were a few dozen other bug fixes that occurred in that [update] as well”.

More: https://techwhack.co/archives/2005/0...e-browser-8031/

snpexim

Regular
Regulars
I have been using Netscape v7.2 for a long time now and wish to upgrade to v8.1Would I need to first un-install the current version and re-boot and then install the new version? Should I switch off Norton 2004 Antivirus before installing new version? I have already downloaded the file: nsb-install-8-1.exe which is a 18.3 MB volume. What would happen to my current email client and email files, could I get them back on line? I remember having huge problems when I upgraded from v6 to v7.2Am I in for some of the same? Is it all worth it? I am already using Lavasoft antispy software, but do find the current v7.2 slow and cumbersome with my P-III-550 MHz / 256 MB ram setup. Will the new version really speed things up and make surfing more stable? Comments please?

popcorn

i had installed this new 8 version and had to uninstall it immediately as it started all types of errors!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sushubh Technology 0
Sushubh News 0
Sushubh News 0
Sushubh News 2
M Apps 3