Netplus Broadband Bridging / Genexis Modem Unlock

ISP
Airtel/Jio/BSNL
I have Netplus Broadband in Patiala (I hate this ISP but only reason to stay with them is 9999GB FUP Cap whereas Airtel or BSNL gives only 3333 and netplus provides 100mbps for price of 499).

So I've been provided with a Genexis E4222 ONT and it is locked extremely down. Even Wi-Fi settings I had to change with HTML (god damn).
The support is actual rubbish and has no idea about jack shit. So, I wanted to firstly bridge my Genexis Modem and use my own OPNSense router firewall instead but I just cannot bridge it. Changing HTML never works. Anyone know how to bridge or unlock this modem? I have no option to upload a firmware update image so all the videos on youtube showing unlock cannot work. SSH access has root password which I have no idea of.

I previously had a Huawei with BSNL which had a superuser access account called telecomadmin admintelecom - does something like this exist for Genexis?

PS: I tried using my own ONT (fully unlocked) with this netplus connection, I tried cloning MAC and even S/N but it did not work - so I believe they do some sort of signing. I do not have a large idea of fibre back-end tech.

Also, I asked the local netplus modem provider dude what details does he send to IT team when they replace an ONT for someone for example. He said we send SN of ONT and MAC to activate the router. So Netplus does some SN/MAC filtering to allow an ONT to initiate I guess (if this info helps someone).

Do you even end up consuming more than, 3333 GB?
Maybe you can get off from some local ISP, they usually provide dumb ONU to work on.

The support is actual rubbish and has no idea about jack shit
I mean, you want dirt cheap solutions with over the top support and perks....
What are you complaining about?
Your problem is almost first world.

I'm not complaining. I made the post to ask if anyone has successfully bridged a Netplus FTTH Connection.
Don't reply if you don't have something meaningful to say.

You're the one that starts showing off your 'first world nonsense'. If you do not have any experience with this ISP just don't bother replying - it's not that difficult buddy.

Last edited:
Well, I did give you a "meaningful" option, since you were so sterned not to use airtel or bsnl.
Maybe you can get off from some local ISP, they usually provide dumb ONU to work on.
But I do hope you'd get the solution you are looking for very soon. 🙂

Okay appreciated but I have 2.5 months left so I need to make do with it for now and since I have the time left, why not try to see if anyone successfully managed it. If so, it's a win win, else I can always move back to Airtel.

The thing was I tried a different unlocked ONT, cloned MAC and tried to change S/N. Didn't really work so any idea what else an ISP Might use to detect/activate an ONT?

I removed that setup - I can try tonight again, but from my memory. The other ONU after MAC and SN clone it just never connected to the ISP's internet via WAN settings. I setup the VLAN 2609 exactly as it was in factory ONU, setup same parameters and the connection is IPoE btw (not PPPoE), but the unlocked ONU got no internet at all. No IP obtained either in that process from WAN.

Didn't bother checking logs back then though.

i have same isp and have bridge mode enabled,i had only user details not admin which was changed after firmware update(fully locked),the thing is i have zte f660 ont which has exploit that you can enable bridge mode via inspect element even in user mode,you can create new wan profile or delete it,but i have no idea about genexis.They are using Cisco and juniper olt's.
also i have a issue that i cant clone my ont's mac from TP-Link router as my internet doesnt connect with that mac like its being blocked via zte ont,so i just set my ont on voice mode and because the ip stays more than 1 week,i just set that ip in my router.
their service is sh!t like the customer care cuts call and local technician stops responding after i told him to set my ont in bridge mode and assign me static cgnat ip even though they have tr069 control over ont from backend

i had genexis earth platinum router and its username and password was
-admin
-password is mac address of your router like if mac is 18:28:a4:ca:05:15 then password is 1828A4CA0515 (capital or small letters just try it)
but dont know now as they have updated their routers all over network and all are locked currently

Hi Harman.

Yeah I see. I have extensively played with this router and I did manage to get bridge mode ON (at least WAN profile showed BRIDGE MODE) via user account (I still saved that profile). I cant remember exact steps I was just playing with code, but I used a javascript profile to toggle bridge mode on Apply button (HTML didnt work). And WAN page then started showing as bridge mode with netplus' VLAN.

But even then, my opnsense never connected via IPoE even with mac clone, so maybe I believed bridge never worked. But if you're making it work still with older router that means netplus backend doesnt do auth properly and I should be able to do it.

But no idea why it didnt work. I have one more hurdle, I do all this via remote access and a backup 4g connection since this netplus is my grandparent's house and im not physically there so there a limitation on how much UART/messing around I can do since its all over remote access. I could troubleshoot more deeply but not there.

Anyways though, its good to know that netplus still does allow us to bridge mode

Last edited:
Oh and yeah admin user does not exist anymore. The Web GUI says "user does not exist" if I type in admin. Whereas if i type in username "genexis" and type in wrong password, it shows "password incorrect". So obviously user does not exist means netplus changed admin's name too, which is another story to find lol.

On the back of this genexis the username password is still printed as admin/mac address, but obviously not working.

BTW: I have a ZTE F660 ONT (from Netplus) which my cousin had and he still has it from 1.5 years ago when he terminated Netplus. I tried using that but it doesnt work. Most likely since it has different SN numbers

Also, what plan are you currently on? Do you get stable speeds? I got the 100mbps speed plan for 499 but I literally get that randomly. I do speedtest-cli from Linux Ubuntu SSH and I get 100mbps up and down if server is Netplus (of course). As soon as I move to say Vi India or 3rd party it drops to around 80. International speeds are sometimes good but if I do a curl/wget download, I start getting 10mbps lol.

Im most likely gonna terminate Netplus if it starts to keep fucking up like this but what are you experiences with Bridge mode? Is speed stable?

Last edited:
1. its hard to expect that from them coz they never hear customer and will just avoid you
2. mine f660 just blocks mac clone of router as it doesnt provide connectivity with mac clone and do need kind of jugaad to get it working without mac clone so probably its hard and sometimes get disconnected,even when ip changes,you need to change that manually.
3. your ont firmware will be updated from backend when it gets connected,it will not change the password but next time when you reset the router,admin interface wont open as it happened to me,ont updated and after some time i needed to reset it but after reset my previous password stopped working.
-so all this mess will just waste your time and is not worth it much,so in my opinion if you want to use your own router,you need to use DMZ+all port forwarded to ur router with wifi and dhcp disabled on ont and manually connected via local ip.
using DMZ will resolve double nat issue for games and other applications

and yeah they dont have proper authentication,u can literally see everyone's router mac address in router mac table and use their mac address to get internet access from their account and plan,most insecure.