Netlink V2801SG Firmware Upgrade

• Thread starter Thread starter whyzee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 19,466
Sunday update:
I'm very satisfied with the new firmware and I haven't had any issues until now. If you're stuck with Netlink's default V6.0.1, I recommend everyone to update to the Digisol firmware.

I'll update this thread again in a week.

Bro can you tell me is the V2801SG GPON or EPON..???

Most of the OLTs are cross compatible with ONTs of other brands. However, if your operator is using Alphion OLT, it only accepts Alphion ONT and its serial number authentication.

So you need to check with your operator as to which OLT he is using before buying V2801SG.

Last edited:
Most of the OLTs are cross compatible with ONTs of other brands. However, if your operator is using Alphion OLT, it only accepts Alphion ONT and its serial number authentication.

So you need to check with your operator as to which OLT he is using before buying V2801SG.
My vendor has Syrotech EPON olt, which should not have any problem with Netlink V2801SG, right..???

Also can you tell me syrotech vs netlink vs genexis, which is better onu brand..???

Last edited:
Netlink V2801SG should work on Syrotech EPON OLT without any issues.

Syrotech, Netlink, Digisol, Optilink, DBC are based on the same ZTE chipset and offers similar performance in bridge mode. I have no experience with Genexis.

My advice is to buy any compatible dumb ONU and put it in bridge mode with a good WiFi router to dial PPPoE.

Netlink V2801SG should work on Syrotech EPON OLT without any issues.

Syrotech, Netlink, Digisol, Optilink, DBC are based on the same ZTE chipset and offers similar performance in bridge mode. I have no experience with Genexis.

My advice is to buy any compatible dumb ONU and put it in bridge mode with a good WiFi router to dial PPPoE.
I already have TP-Link a6 v3, I got a syrotech onu from vendor but it was overheating to 60 C, so I asked for replacement but its not in stock currently.
I was thinking of ordering v2801sg from netlinkict.com, but dont know how reliable are they.

Netlink V2801SG will be more than fine to use as a dumb modem. Put it in bridge mode and then you can pretty much forget about it.