Netlink ONT SSID and Password are change back to old one after restarting the Modem.

• Thread starter Thread starter satheesh61
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 9,715
ISP
BSNL FIBER
Hi All,
I am from virudhunagar, Tamilnadu, I am currently Using BSNL fiber for the last two weeks, Here Bsnl Fiber is provided LCO through Fiber cable they using digital cable Transmission. I am facing a problem with my ONT Modem(Netlink) when I try to change password of wifi and its encryption the changes are not storing permenant its getting revert back after I restart the modem.I have tried all possible ways 1.I checked the storage Issue through telnet and deleted the log file and update lastgood.xml with newly config lastgood.xml and checked the timestamp of updated file too(this method doesn't work) 2.I have disabled tr069 to avoid the acs. 3. But I can find one thing when I unplug the fiber cable from ONT and I made the changes in it , after I restarted the change remains there, When I plug the fiber Into the modem it's rolling back to the default configuration.I think LCO has controlling my configuration and they are not updating the lastest firmware.
pls, help me in changing my SSID and Password.

This my NETLINK ONT details:
1589313602962.webp

Thanks in advance.

I was provided a FTTH connection through net link HG323DAC ONT modem .and phone no/ my account no. Voice password was given as 1234 as default .
But after one month ,there was fibre failure and when fault was rectified ,my phone indicator was not found lighting and not getting voip calls . Technician has changed the default voice password to ftth @xxxx, In voice configuration settings ,then problem rectified.. phone indicator lamp came and I could make phone calls
Again on 25-10-2021 by accidentally when I switched off and restarted the modem ,the old problem reappeared .no phone lamp and no voice calls . Again voice password changed from ftth@xxxx to original password 1234 . Then problem disappeared and phone indicator lighting and getting voice calls ..
How the voice password changed automatically ? .Any one knows the reason please …

Upvote 1
@sukumaran e

Just ask your LCO to remove your modem from OLT and add again.

Upvote 0
its very much a security nightmare where the password keeps reverting to default.

Not only that , even if you change wifi to disable , it will enable it back.. WTF

Upvote 0
The LCO has full access to your modem admin page. I've visited my LCO last night, he just laughingly mentioned he controls all the modems that was provided to the home right from their office and he also showed the configuration pages of some modems. He was also using and providing Netlink modems. Even tho it's a big issue from a security standpoint, it's a big relief for them and the no-vice customers as it's easy to change everything right from their office, as he showed me screenshots of customers messaging him to change wifi passwords via whatsapp...

Upvote 0
This issue is mainly caused by turning on the Logs in modem. As these devices don't have enough storage space to keep the log data, it starts messing with the config file. Due to that the system goes in failsafe mode and resets the password to factory.

Solution: Disable the logging and delete old log data.
Note: Don't use the save as default option in configuration setting when logging is enabled or you'll have to face the issue permanently. People from manufacturers as well are not able to fix the given issue due to H/W limitations so only solution available is to disable logging.

Last edited:
Upvote 0