Netlink modem restarts on power flicker

• Thread starter Thread starter jomon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7,154
ISP
Kerala Vision
I am using a Netlink modem with keralavision.
I have a 12v resonate powerbank as power backup for the modem. The modem power cycles whenever main supply goes, even though it has backup immediately active.. anybody facing similar issue ?
Tried many things like changing power supplies , adding a capacitor to 12v. Added a ferrite bead on dc line to mitigate emi noise issues.. nothing works for far.

The resonate device might be faulty, the switching time would be high, so it restarts. I'd get it replaced under warranty.

I was using the same powerbank with a Hathway GPON modem for last one year.. it was such a trustworthy product.. so still I don't doubt the powerbank. Anyway I don't have an extra one to iron out the doubt.. will try..

I have a brand new APC-ups 600, 600V and it is connected to the Netlink GPON router. The UPS has the capacity ot support the power for the router, however it keeps getting restarted during the power outage. I have tried everything possible , and moreover the tv which is connected to the same ups works without having any issue at all. Is there anything we can do to resolve this issue as I require continuous network facility for my work. should I GO FOR ANOTHER WIFI ROUTER ???/

Let me contact APC CS..I have just bought it yesterday...the 32 inch tv is not having any fluctuations at all during the power outage.....is there any issues with the main power socket at home which it is connected ???

yes tried with just router too...cant figure this out...i wonder there is any problem with the main power socket//it is quite old

IS THER ANY ONE USING Netlink WITH A UPS which supports the continuous power without any restart. I have a brand new APC UPS 600 which supports routers and modems, However it gets restarted during the power outage...any one having similar issue?

Router consume very less power therefore ups might be failing to detect the router is connected.

Try this use a external multi socket plug or adapter.. Then connect multi plug to the ups.

on the multi plug connect the power supply for router one 1 socket and also connect your tv on 2nd socket then see if still router is getting restarted.