Netlink HG323RW router wifi internet speed reduces to almost half

• Thread starter Thread starter ravi1234
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5,721
ISP
BSNL FTTH
Hi,
I have bsnl ftth connection using on Netlink HG323RW router.
I am getting good speed over ethernet cable but when I check the speed over wifi(with in the room and nearby the router) the internet speed reduces to almost half of total speed.
how to get full internet speed over wifi ?

Netlink HG323RW has N WiFi which isn't enough for getting full speed. For getting better speeds over WiFi you'll need a router with AC WiFi such as Tenda AC10 or Archer C6. If you have higher budget go for Archer C7.

Last edited by a moderator:
my internet speed is 50 Mbps ,through wifi i'm getting only 20-25 mbps in router's room itself. N wifi router is also supports upto 300-450 Mbps .
do I need to change any settings ?

N WiFi theoretically supports upto 300Mbps but in real world it'll be a lot lower than that, even very expensive access points cant get 300Mbps on N.

But 25Mbps in same room is really bad, I would suggest changing the wifi channel to the one which is least congested. You can use wifi analyzer app on your phone for this.

You should also set the router to 40Mhz Wide 2.4Ghz, it may lead to higher collision with other wifi but in some cases it might help.

There might also be some interference around where you have your router such as microwave, I would also suggest putting the router in a different room if possible for testing.