Netlink HG323RGW modem/router device reset

• Thread starter Thread starter Maddog19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5,990
ISP
BSNL
We experienced a "no Internet" situation couple of days ago, even though all relevant lights on the modem were green and wifi is connected. Also, access to the modem configuration page returned a "bad password" error, even though password was entered correctly.

We did a modem reset and gained access to the configuration page with default credentials. Surprisingly, now the device information shows an entirely different mac id, device id (changed to RTKG1111111), harware version (changed to std-ONU). Even the device name just show HGW, instead of the GPON/GEPON something something.

Apparently the reset somehow changed a lot of information on the chip level of the modem. Even after entering all relevant service login information, the modem cannot get an ip address or be able to connect to bsnl servers.

Surprisingly, the GPON information shows, "succeeded and authenticated", but wan connection shows nothing. What am I missing here?

My guess is that since this device is now identifying itself to the network as a generic Realtek RTKG1111111 device, it cannot connect to the OLT device at the LCO's end. I thought of doing a firmware upgrade, but I cannot figure out the exact hardware version (it just shows, std-ONU, instead of the actual hardware version). I didn't want to risk bricking the modem with a wrong firmware upgrade either.

My second guess is to force this device to register with the GEPON network as it is by re-registering. But I might need the ponpwd, which the LCO may not want to divulge. Those guys don't even respond to calls, let alone, reveal a password.

I had been waiting for two days without any service. The dirtbags at the lco are not responding and bsnl cs guys keep parroting the same message, that it will be resolved in 24 hours.

Has anyone faced such a situation with your modem? and how did you fix it? Even if you haven't, do you have any suggestions on how this can be fixed, instead of waiting for someone from bsnl or lco's office to come and enter a password in the configuration page when they choose to do so.
Thanks

Screenshot-1
Screenshot-2

Last edited:
any one?

All credentials are correct. It is very strange how the mac id changed too. It is supposed to be a unique identifier of a device. Now I think someone at the OLT- end might have reset my modem before I did the reset.