Netgear WNR612 not able to reconnect after the connection drops..have to hard reset

• Thread starter Thread starter Nespter
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,613
ISP
GTPL
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Hi,[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]I have Netgear WNR612 router, and I'm facing a strange problem.. I have GTPL broadband connection.[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]I set up the router with default settings and just providing my username and password, [/color]and it worked.[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] I was able to connect to internet. Now after 3 days, I was not able to connect to internet and I had to hard reset the router. After that this became routine and I had to hard reset the router every other day.[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]The strange things is, I have taken the backup of settings and after hard resetting the router i use the same backup file and it starts working, But I guess, whenever connection drops because of some reasons like timout or something, my router is [/color]not able to reconnect[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]!![/color]

Even when I am not able to reconnect, router's internet connection LED seems to be blinking as it is getting a proper connection !
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]I contacted GTPL and netgear support, they tried with some MTU size, but it did not work. Please help me if you have faced similar problem or have any idea![/color]

I dont know what is GTPL broadband, but do you do PPPOE in the router? Do you have a separate modem? Is a power recycle of the router not working?
Try updating the firmware of the router to the latest available one from the manufacturer...

Thanks for the response.Yes, I have PPPoE connection. firmware upgrade shows it is latest. Power recycle of router(you mena switching off, waiting for few mins and switching on, right ?) does not reconnect. And I have a simple 'power modem'(signal booster) in the way to router.Please notice that I am able to connect to internet for some time, say approx 15-30 hours and then connection drops, and does not reconnect until I hard reset the router.

Can you check if the wired internet is fine? Connect your laptop to the router by ethernet and see if that is working or if it is only the wireless.
There could be some disturbance with cordless phones and you need to change channel for that... i have this problem with my home.

yes, i have checked my connection everytime it stops working. And I think there is some other issues than channel config because it works for say 20-25 hours or sometimes even for 3-4 days but once it is dropped, I have to hard reset it !! But I will still try using some different channels..

I have 2 routers, one in repeater mode. The second one, in my bed room. Every 2-3 days, I have to change the channel manually and reboot both my routers due to this channel interference. I choose channel 6 or 11.

It could be a neighbors cordless or even yours at home. I am not saying it is this, but something to check...