NetGear N150 Wireless Modem with BSNL Broadband

ISP
Reliance
When I got my internet connection from BSNL, I got a small model UTA.. some brand modem. My usename and password were already set. And I used to to connect to internet just by connecting to its ethernet port. Now I've got a new Netgear N150 Wireless modem and I want to configure it to use BSNL internet. I retrieved my username and password from my old modem ANd I set the following settings in the new modem.username:as it was set in the previous modempassword: as it was set earlierVPI: 0VCI: 25GET IP dynamically : trueGET DNS server dynamically : trueservice name: ""timeout: 0But after setting all of this, I am not able to connect to internet via the new netgear modem.I even went some more to set the same MAC address tto the new modem, exactly same as the previous modem. I checked and used new wires too. After doing all of this settings (exactly the same as previous modem), im not able to connect to internet. How come the two modems with exactly the same settings, are behaving differently ? My ethernet, power and dsl lights are glowing in green but the internet light is glowing red. meaning that it didnt connect to internet. Please help me. I am stuck in this for hours. :wall:

VPI/VCI for BSNL is 0_35. Give it a try.

There are two columns to fill in the setup form of Netgear. (reg VPI and VCI)

One is VPI
and the other is VCI.

what should I fill in separately in these fields. Should I fill 0_35 in both the VPI and VCI fields ?

or should I fill 0 for VPI and 35 for VCI ? :huh:

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

I tried using 0 and 35 only. I didn't work.

VPI = 0, VCI = 35. It is a must, no matter what other values are. Check Netgear manual for other settings.

Try this dude

Code:
http://www.chennai.bsnl.co.in/BBS/WA3002G4.htm#Wireless_security
Update ur moderm acc to this setting...

check this and connect according to this setting dude.. hope it workss

Code:
http://www.chennai.bsnl.co.in/BBS/WA3002G4.htm#Wireless_security