• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 11,953
Status
Not open for further replies.

asjoshi

ISP
BSNL
Guys,I came across a serious limitation in Netgear DG834Gv3 wireless router + ADSL modem firmware. This was found while upgrading the configuration for IPTV service.The limitation is: Netgear firmware allows only one VPI/VCI profile to be programmed. As everybody knows, BSNL broadband needs VPI/VCI of 0/35. But for IPTV, another VPI/VCI is required (0/100). Since Netgear has only 1 option of programming VPI/VCI combination, I can either use broadband or IPTV, only one at a time. 🙁This ofcourse is wierd for a well-known brand like Netgear. I have already filed a ticket with their support asking for this new feature. Let's see how they react to it. Surprisingly, all other cheaper modems in the market readily support different VPI/VCI profiles. I selected this router after a lot of research. So I was literally shocked after finding this limitation. :OHas anybody else faced similar issue?-Atul.

Hello Atul Sir,
For more information about feasibility of Netgear Modem & the exact reason behind this , please contact on 020-25634444

Ravindra, CSE,
Divinet Access Tech. Ltd.
020-25666363

Sorry for my delayed reply.There is no solution to this problem till date. @vaishali:I talked to divinet already. they said IPTV will NOT work with this modem. please tell me if u have any work-around.-asjoshi

It is not just about port forwarding. It requires that your modem supports multiple streams (VPI/VCI pairs) on the DSL side. Most of the Netgear devices lack this support.

Status
Not open for further replies.