Netflix on ACT not working?

Hey, do you have google dns blocked at the router level?

Edit: Nevermind, the Samsung App does not use hardcoded DNS as far as I can see.

Something to try: Netflix App not Working on Samsung Smart TV : UnoTelly Customer Service

Thanks for the article, I have set the static routes to block google/open DNS, changed the smart hub region to China(to delete Netflix) and then to India to reinstall the Netflix app
still no cigar.its perplexing because with my mobile/laptop running I could access Netflix without any glitch but in Samsung telly I couldn't even access Netflix India using ISP DNS.

phew finally got it working by flashing dd-wrt to my router and then using these commands on the command shell

iptables -I PREROUTING -t nat -p udp -d 8.8.4.4 --dport 53 -j DNAT --to-destination YOUR_SMART_DNS1
iptables -I PREROUTING -t nat -p udp -d 8.8.8.8 --dport 53 -j DNAT --to-destination YOUR_SMART_DNS2

gets full/ultra HD almost instantly. donno how Google Dns is playing spoilsport with Samsung Smart tv.
only gripe with this method is that even if I have to access Netflix India I have go through Smart DNS

Thanks @ Jay for nudging me to block google dns hope this helps ppl who run into similar issue with their Smart app.

Reactions: Jay