Netflix HDR looks washed out

ISP
JioFIber
I'm having trouble on my Redmi K20 Pro device with HDR videos playback. I've noticed that in Netflix, HDR titles looks washed out . Normal 1080p tiltes looks better than HDR titles. It is literally impossible to watch these HDR titles. Most Netflix originals are HDR . So I'm unable to watch any Netflix originals. I cleared the cache , reinstalled and also restarted my phone but the issue still persists. Can anyone help me with this issue.?
Device - Redmi K20 Pro ( indian variant) running MIUI 12.0.5.0 stable version Android 10.

The K20 pro can only produce 420 nits max brightness. How does that qualify for HDR10? Wasn't a contrast ratio of 1000:1 the necessary pre-requisite?

K20 Pro max brightness is 620nits approx when used in automatic brightness and turned on sunlight mode. If K20 Pro doesn't support HDR then why Netflix and Youtube showing HDR titles?. Colors also looks washed out when watching HDR videos in YouTube. There is a split second where colors looks vibrant when I am rotating my phone to full screen mode. Then after that split second colors looks washed out. I downloaded couple of 10 bit HDR videos and played in kmp player and MX player. Colors looked beautiful . HDR videos are working fine when played locally. What might be the issue ?