NetExpress: New Broadband Service in Chennai Adyar and Gandhi Nagar

• Thread starter Thread starter Kihtrak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 89,317
Talked to the marketing person on mobile. He says it is currently available in Adyar and surrouding area only. They are likely to expand to OMR and a couple of other places (I am not able to recollect the other two locations. Sorry). Not possible in my locality !

good i like this forum

Please find the ISP detailsIP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxDecimal: xxxxxxxxxxHostname: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxISP: Spectra ISP Networks Private LimitedOrganization: Spectra ISP Networks Private LimitedServices: None detectedType: BroadbandAssignment: Static IPBlacklist:

Code:
Spectranet provides you the most amazing Internet experience with download speeds from 8 Mbps to 16 Mbps and upload speeds from 2 Mbps to 4 Mbps. And with an always on connection you continue to enjoy speed from 256 Kbps to 1 Mbps even without a Top Up.
Looks like a decent deal as long as it stays more towards 1mbps 😛

Hey ppl, I got NetXpress connection. I must say I am very much impressed! The tariff plans are very reasonable. I was on a 4MBps AirtelBB plan which is very costly. But netxpress offers airtel like performance in half the price and no FUP (where as Airte has 150GB FUP, post FUP its 256kbps!)

See my speedtest screenshot:
https://www.speedtest.net/result/2479813090.png

Airtel's ping was the best that I've seen so far (36ms) but with netxpress I am getting 15ms to 19ms for Chennai servers! Also notice the upload speed? It's like SDSL! In my AirtelBB, For 4Mbps DL speed, I used to get .5MBps (512kbps) UL speed. But this is a relief!

With cloud storage on the rise, upload speed is VERY important! Now I am happily sync with my Dropbox, sugarsync, skydrive and GDrive 😀

The only con that I'm worried about is line connectivity. Since this is terrestrial coaxial cable, it could get disconnected in heavy storms, wind or rain. But with airtel, for almost 10 months, I have NEVER got even a single line connectivity issue even during storms and heavy winds!

Last week a guy came and gave a pamphlet stating that they have started a new broadband service called NetExpress. I spoke with the marketing guys and subscribed for 1 Mbps. So far the service is good and the TAT for installation is 1 day, below is the tariff for the service provider

Speed 1 Mbps 2 Mbps 4 Mbps 8 Mbps
Data Usage Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited
1 Month Subcription Charge Rs. 499 /- Rs. 799 /- Rs. 1299 /- Rs. 1699 /-

Cons
1.No Auto dialer(each time we need to Provide User ID and Password in case of Disconnection)
2. Mid month plan change is not Possible

Pros
1.No Fair Usage Policy
2.Pricing is somewhat good
3.Once connected it never disconnects
4.Wireless can be configured

So far the experience is good with the provider

Man 8mbps for Rs.1699/- surely worth a try. I was using Day 1mbps & Night 2mbps Zoom plan for Rs.1699/- in Reliance. Looks promising.

More Cons with Netexpress
1.Heavy torrent throttling (Not more than 50 kbps speed)
2.Very bad customer service ( Nobody even care to resolve the issue)
3.Network is totally unstable ( Speed fluctuates)
Not Satisfied after using their service for three months.

shriganesh said:
Hey ppl, I got NetXpress connection. I must say I am very much impressed! The tariff plans are very reasonable. I was on a 4MBps AirtelBB plan which is very costly. But netxpress offers airtel like performance in half the price and no FUP (where as Airte has 150GB FUP, post FUP its 256kbps!)

See my speedtest screenshot:
https://www.speedtest.net/result/2479813090.png

Airtel's ping was the best that I've seen so far (36ms) but with netxpress I am getting 15ms to 19ms for Chennai servers! Also notice the upload speed? It's like SDSL! In my AirtelBB, For 4Mbps DL speed, I used to get .5MBps (512kbps) UL speed. But this is a relief!

With cloud storage on the rise, upload speed is VERY important! Now I am happily sync with my Dropbox, sugarsync, skydrive and GDrive 😀

The only con that I'm worried about is line connectivity. Since this is terrestrial coaxial cable, it could get disconnected in heavy storms, wind or rain. But with airtel, for almost 10 months, I have NEVER got even a single line connectivity issue even during storms and heavy winds!
Hi Shriganesh,
Looks like Kihtrak is facing big time issue. Any comments on this?
Kihtrak said:

Kihtrak said:
Could you pls explain what is torrent throttling..do you mean that we won't get download speed of torrents more than 50kbps?Can someone post the torrent download speeds they get with this ISP..Thanks