• Thread starter Thread starter amit_dp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,722

amit_dp

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Guys need to gift a Netbook to someone. Please suggest a good one. Price limit 20k. Will prefer to have Windows 7 but XP is fine. Not much computing power required as the end user will be mainly using it for surfing, mails, document editing. Have checked HCL ME .. look quite decent to me.

Me too need this info.Good config, price limit 20K. seen Dell Inspiron Mini. The config is good, need to clarify about its design & external appearance.

Am planning to buy one. Any idea of lamington road prices for various models? Also, would it be advisable to buy the same from croma?

I bought Samsung N148 Netbook with N450 Processor for 13990 from ebay.in in month of october. Reasonably priced, good performance and got gr8 battery life (7Hrs).Now Netbook with dual core atom processors from samsung are available at around 16K. Search google.

Thanx for the reply. Hows the performance ? My primary use would be to browse the web/movies/reading ebooks/and some MS Office. Would a netbook be comfortable for such kind of use?

My Netbook is good and quite fast. You can perform day to day activities with ease like - email, voice chat, video chat, ms office, movies. You can also watch HD movies but some times the video strucks. But for 14K it was a wonderful deal. Also keyboard has got small keys. If you are adjusted to regular laptop then you need some days to get adjusted to netbook. It weighs hardly 1.4Kg and you can carry it with ease. Also you get around 7Hrs battery backup with wifi on.

Thinking to get a Netbook for a family member.Usage is web browsing and very basic stuff.Budget 15k (Might increase if there is any VFM deal)Would so like Manu to comment on this.

one simple question. if what you wrote is the requirement from the netbook, why go for a Windows based device at all?

i am using ubuntu on dad's N148. seems to work fine. battery life is also pretty good. and i think ubuntu unity does a good job of screen space available to you.

I need a Netbook for web browsing and basic word processing. LibreOffice is more than enough.^ Would be running Linux on it.No tablets please 😕

pick between the 148 or 150 editions. 150 has dual core atom. priced slightly higher. comes with starters edition of windows though 😀

Am planning to buy one. Any idea of lamington road prices for various models? Also, would it be advisable to buy the same from croma?

picked up a samsung N148 plus from lamington about 3-4 months back. Dual core atom @ 1.5Ghz. Comes with standard 1GB ram. Got it upgraded to 2 for an additional 750. Make sure you insist on a transcend or kingston ram module as they will try and pass on a diamond or some other local brand. Including the ram upgrade and a 8GB pendrive I paid 14.25k.

Doesn't come with an OS. They charge additional 500 for loading an OS and other necessary software, but I preferred to do it on my own. The included CD has all drivers. Since there is no CD rom u'll have to copy the contents to a pendrive on another pc and work around it.

Thanx for the reply. Hows the performance ? My primary use would be to browse the web/movies/reading ebooks/and some MS Office. Would a netbook be comfortable for such kind of use?

Runs windows 7 ultimate absolutely lag free. Have turned aero off to save on battery, but keeping it on doesn't induce any lag. Have managed to play 720p mkv's stutter free.

Not much to recommend in netbooks, all of them have the same specs. Just choose your favorite brand - Samsung,Dell, MSI, Acer etc. Personally, I am not a fan of 10" screens but in 15k that's what you'll get. If possible try to enquire about MSI x340 in Nehru place. If you can find it for 18k or so, it's totally worth it. 13" screen and looks SEXY.