Net4India has shut down

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 16,368
A mail which they sent to their customers:

Dear User,

Greetings of the Day!!

As part of our constant endeavor to bring the best in class service to our most valued customers, we are making an effort to secure web hosting services @ Net4, by restricting usage of certain vulnerable content types (specific file extensions) from being served by our web hosts.

On account of this, you would not be able to upload the list of extensions mentioned below to any of our web hosts effective 02nd February 2006, be it shared (or) split (or) dedicated hosting. Further, files with such extensions would be removed from our web hosts by 20th February 2006.

In effect to this action, if you have uploaded content with such file extensions earlier, and you are worried (or) feel that this might in some or the other way affect the services rendered to you, kindly get in touch with our helpdesk to find a suitable remediation in order to avoid any kind of disruption to services. Any request for assistance in this regard necessarily needs to be looked at, before 20th February 2006.

*.exe, *.com, *.vbs, *.shtm, *.shtml, *.bat, *.cmd, *.hta, *.htaccess, *.bak, *.log, *.reg, *.tmp, *.inf, *.ocx, *.ax, *.bin, *.chm, *.drv, *.msc, *.nt, *.scr, *.sys, *.sig, *.vxd, *.msi, *.wsh, *.wmf, *.asf, *.MPEG, *.mp3, *.mpg, *.avi, *.wma, *.cda, *.wpl, *.rar, *.ra, *.rm, *.eml, *.dbx, *.idx, *.ndx, *.pst, *.ost, *.nfo, *.trc, *.rnd, *.vir, *.nav, *.def, *.ex_, *.pif, *.cab, *.sh, *.h, *.cer, *.pfx, *.key, *.cpp, *.c, *.dbf, *.vba, *.pas, *.bas, *.TCL, *.cob, *.svc, *.ade, *.adp, *.cpl, *.crt, *.hlp, *.ins, *.isp, *.jse, *.lnk, *.mde, *.msp, *.mst, *.pcd, *.sct, *.shs, *.url, *.vbe, *.wsf,*.wsc

We regret any inconvenience to you in this regard.

We are just a call away![/b]

Did I post it in the wrong forum? It's apparently true and I had no choice but to put it here.

They are by far the worst people! Wouln't touch them with a 10m pole!

Originally posted by Sushubh@Feb 16 2006, 03:18 AM
Did I post it in the wrong forum? It's apparently true and I had no choice but to put it here.
I think posting it in this forum was a nice way of highlighting the irony of the whole situation 🙂

Hehe.. yah, i've read that. they are as bad as it can get!

just had another interaction with them. the marketing gal wanted to know the reasons on why we are slowly moving to GoDaddy. i had little time so told her, just do what i want you to do and let me have some peace.

Was one of your prime reasons of shifting to GD 'The superbowl ads' hehe 🙂I just love them!