Net slow for Modem problem

ISP
BSNL
Hi,
I am having troble with my bsnl broadband net connection. From some days i'm getting slow net connection. When i called my near office they said about the cut cables. But i know cut cable was too old topic.
I want to know one thing, Is there any problem for modem? Is there any way to flash the modem i mean clear modem from loading cache files or any other thing, I just want my modem as first i had. My modem gets online average of 18-20 hours a day so is it really modem was the problem or any other problem i am getting.
When i'm testing my net connection i'm getting 0.7-0.8 mbps, but i have a connection for 2 mbps imternet.

restarting modem would not magically fix all the problems. though i end up restarting it several times a day on some days because of crappy connectivity.it sometimes helps but that is mostly your luck as bsnl gateways are usually fucked up during the day time.right now i am getting horrible pings and 1/8th of my plan speeds. but this is a common story. connectivity usually gets better after 8pm.

chromaniac said:
restarting modem would not magically fix all the problems. though i end up restarting it several times a day on some days because of crappy connectivity.

it sometimes helps but that is mostly your luck as bsnl gateways are usually f**ked up during the day time.

right now i am getting horrible pings and 1/8th of my plan speeds. but this is a common story. connectivity usually gets better after 8pm.
You are right but in the night time my speed does not grow up. Can you please tell me how can i restart my modem? If i go to my modem config at 192.168.1.1 there is no option for restart.
And also can you tell me please which auth type is better for wireless connection? See the bellow image.

Maintenance > SysRestart

[color=rgb(51,51,51);]chromaniac is right about the day/night fluctuations. you should really get minimum of 200KBps in in night time, in daytime err... whatever GOD has in mind for you![/color]

[color=rgb(51,51,51);]also my friend had used the iBALL Baton. it had slight overheating and compatability issues, replaced it with a D-Link after a month...........[/color]