Net neutrality already buried in India

• Thread starter Thread starter India_King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1,222
I don't know why people can't see the grave of Net neutrality hidden in plane sight.

Fair usage policy (FUP) killed Net neutrality long time ago. I know there are few ISP's that offer truly unlimited Broadband plans and adequate FUPs (like 100 GB+). But there coverage, accessibility & service is very limited.

So basically i am in Delhi. The kind of ISP's we have, I can't use Torrents. I can't use Youtube HD. Can't use stream downloads specially PC games. Can't even download Trial version of software i need (like Autodesk products which are big in size)

Companies like Airtel allot data in FUPs like Nazis distributed crumbs of bread in concentration camps.

FUP and "rationing" of high speed for data of 3GB, 10GB, 20GB..... What a joke in today's world of internet!

We at least need 100 GB for FUP.

Also the ISP's like Nextra, SITI etc which offer 10 Mbps, 20 Mbps are useless. What's the point of such high speed if ISP's will knock you off to 512 Kbps after 20-30 GB usage. Then they charge exorbitantly for additional GBs.

FUP was meant to avoid abuse of Broadband by few consumers. Instead, FUP has become the most effective tool by ISP's to exploit and abuse consumers. How ironic!