• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,083

prathapml

Agent Smith
ISP
Load balanced, 100Mbit fake poop
Hey everyone,
Have you upgraded to the latest Nero yet?

Nero Reloaded version 6.6 has been out for quite some while, and the current release is almost faultless. It allows you to overburn on a normal CD upto 750 MB (yay, no one else can copy my valuable CDs directly now), supports writing upto 870 MB on the right media, and more.

Then, NeroVision Express has got a revamp. Make a nice and good menu for your VideoCD, or pick up your digital photos and make a movie of it with a song in the background.

Nero MediaHome is a nice addition to the group too.

Download it here - link.

6.6 may be good but I am still using 5.5.9.12/17. It has pretty much what I need. Also, these days I avoid burning a cd beyond 680-690MB.I had a few 4 year old cd's that started rotting and the rot started on the edge and interior of the cd. While I can't avoid using the interior, data loss from edge rot can be avoided.I have a stack of tdk and aopen cd-r's(taiwan) and HP cd-r's(japan) that I hold onto for archival data. The rest is now on samsung.Even if you don't use your cd-r's often, check them physically once in 6 months and test them in the drive once a year. Once in 2 years replace them. If you don't want anybody to burn your cd-r's, just copyright your data in nero. Although, this might be a option of the cd-rw drive rather than nero(I'm not sure).

mine 1.4 years CDRW is crap. corrupts writing 50 megs files on good quality blanks. considering buying a DVD Writer.

using nero's copyright is useless, since you can easily use something like ultraiso and make an ISO image to be burned to disk.

I re-installed 6.3.0.3 today but uninstalled it immediately. I did install it many months back but removed it then too.Two main reasons- I don't like the usual interface and Nero Express s*cks. Its way too useless. When you use the express interface, you cannot view the file browser.I have 5.5.9.17 and the Nero Wizard is very useful.6.3.0.3 offers few more burning options(like svcd) but I don't use them right now.just wondering.. is nero wizard present in version 6.x ?

yup, wizard is still present even in 6.6 series.

one more question- when you burn files with ultra-long names(eg newspaper article titles), even if you disable joliet, you get ISO9960 errors. How do you overcome that? In all nero versions, I have had to zip the folder(s) that has long filenames and then burn them.

Start Nero Burning ROM (not express, not wizard)New CompilationIn "ISO" tab choose ISO9660+Joliet (leave other settings as default)Then check the "allow more than 255 characters in path" and "more than 64 characters in joliet file names".Hoping this helps....View attachment 69

Hi guys, was just goin through the earlier stuff & hit upon this one. Just one question for everybody. I heard Buggati sayin he had some 4 yr. old cd's which started rotting. I keep all my cd's in small plastic bags. Isn't this enough or some more maintainence is in order?

how did u burn even 750 mb...even in Sony cd-r i can burn max only 725 mb ....... pls let me know how u do tht 870 mb also.

I tried to burn DVD by Nero v6.6.0.13 , with all plugins serials instalaled ....but failed 🙁 Nero Burning ROM v6.6.0.14 Ultra Edition is out ..did anyone tried it yet ?

on which companies cds can we overburn over 750mb? i am using moser baer.also how to overburn cd. (it requires disk-at once setting which not available when i compile my own collec.)

If your writer does not support overburn, then its not possible.And using 99 minute-compatible writers and media, you can burn 850 MB discs safely.