NEEDS to change routing ASAP.

• Thread starter Thread starter atavistic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 8,821

atavistic

ISP
MTNL
I play Warcraft 3 on asia.battle.net and am getting around 500ms to the server.Previously there was also some other guy who complained about this so i sent an email to MTnl support regarding this issue and they replaied asking for Tracert and ping but then no reply.Looking at the tracert we can see that data is sent whole world round in the West direction and it should be in East because INdia is in East. :S I have discussed these matters with other friends of mine who play in that server and we are desperate to get the routing changed.Plz can someone look after this and suggest me something.PLZ CHANGE ROUTING.

Can you post output of tracert here? If you have D-Link router then I should be able to give you a command that will bypass most of the hops fo this perticular server (asia.battle.net ).

UT 300r2u is the modem I am having.And if i get D-Link router how can the pings be improved because my friend has suck modem..I wanna try it out.And here is the output of the tracert as asked :

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tracrtkn6.jpg

Routing is a problem with MTNL...Since there is no one to contact at MTNL regarding these type of issues.. i tried complaining to FLAG telecom (reliance) from whom they buy bandwidth..yet to receive any kind of response..Now they are using VSNL but the routes are as circuitous as ever..

yep..flagtel routing policies are messed up... to reach korea every packet undergo world tour...now with no option and no hope:wall: i have switched to USEAST server(D2)... though europe is the fastest for MTNL users.

Try creating a static route in the router so that it directly forwards packets to 211.233.88.246 and then broadcast this route. Not sure about UT 300r2u , does it run linux? If it does and you can telnet to it, then you can do this on this router as well.

i don't know if 300r2u runs linux or not. but we can telnet to it pukka:cool2:

Try creating a static route in the router so that it directly forwards packets to 211.233.88.246 and then broadcast this route.

HOw do I do that??

i do see an option of static route in my Ut300r2u router...

Routing -- Static Route (A maximum 32 entries can be configured)

Destination Subnet Mask Gateway Interface Remove
i know what the 1st 2 are ..but rest 3..ithink mtnl changes gateway ip from time to time..dunno for sure..and is interface (192.168.1.2? or 1.1)..

and how to broadcast..:wall:

Try creating a static route in the router so that it directly forwards packets to 211.233.88.246 and then broadcast this route.

I thought packets can be forwarded only to gateway or any other PC in LAN. How do DIRECTLY forward packets to WAN ip? Logically doesnt sound to be possible. May be u mean NAT but then again route to that IP wud still be via MTNL gateway.

amish,You need to do that on WAN router. WAN router can ONLY forward packets to MTNL gateway, but it can create a route that it can send to first peering point. So that peering point sends the packet to desied route, instead of forwarding it based on its own routing table.Something like, if your PC has net connections from MTNL, Airtal, VSNL active at the same time then you are telling it to forward all Asia packets to Airtel's gateway.All,Can someone tell me Distro and kernel version of the linux this router runs? Kernel version can be obtained by this command:uname -a

here u go this is for UT300r2ULinux version 2.6.8.1 (root@localhost.localdomain) (gcc version 3.4.2)

oh u are talking abt if i have two lines one from mtnl and other from airtel.i thought that u meant it can be done even if i just have mtnl line.

I think he means to do it on a single MTNL line...with two or three connex's u are just doing local routing..thats logical, can be done..I am wondering how can the routing protocols of the ISP be bypassed?All packets will have to pass thru the MTNL gateway..which would decide where to send the packet..how can we override that?