Needed - Audio Video recorder for Set Top Box

raghavan_sn

Hi,
I need a recorder that can record the AV output of Set Top Box. I don,t know whether this is the apt sub forum to post it, but anyway please help. I would prefer a recorder that can use a pen drive to record tv programs. Which one costs the minimum. I googled but got confused by the jargon in the search results. So please help guys. Thanks :nonchalance:

Sai

There are many similar devices available check them. Pinnacle had one by the name "Pinnacle Video Transfer". Don't know whether its still in production or not.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
raghavan_sn said:
Hi,
I need a recorder that can record the AV output of Set Top Box. I don,t know whether this is the apt sub forum to post it, but anyway please help. I would prefer a recorder that can use a pen drive to record tv programs. Which one costs the minimum. I googled but got confused by the jargon in the search results. So please help guys. Thanks :nonchalance:
Which provider STB you have?
I have Airtel HD STB. It doesn't have inbuilt recorder, but it has provision by which I can connect any 80+ GB HDD and record programmes on it. But I can only view recorded programmes when HDD is connected to STB. Besides I need to have special remote with RECORD key from Airtel. (I haven't tried it so far).
I doubt if any other STB would support recording A/V from its USB interface.

Sai

I think he needs something that has Component/Composite port. This way STB Component Out>Component In of recorder>USB device.

raghavan_sn

I want something which is functionally similar to the VCR (VHS tapes) of yesteryears, but for digital broadcast. I have TataSky STB (2008 - quite old). :nonchalance: