Need your suggestions on choosing unlimited Broadband plan

• Thread starter Thread starter mpadhu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,900
ISP
BSNL
Hi Guys,
I currently have BSNL broadband with BBG FN COMBO 630 plan which is night unlimited plan. I'm now planning to switch to unlimited plan.
Near my house there is a new service provider who has just started providing unlimited broadband through WiFi. I called up and inquired the tariffs. The tariffs are somewhat affordable and they are providing 1Mbps(Rs.777) and 2Mbps(Rs.999) flat unlimited plans.
While I was thinking about this, I came across the news about BSNL introducing new BBG Combo ULD 1445 and BBG Combo ULD 2799 plans. These are really excellent but a bit costly plans.
I am not willing to totally disconnect BSNL and switch to that new WiFi plan. Instead, it would be very nice If I can temporarily hold my BSNL connection for about 6 months so that I can come back to BSNL if I wish. And moreover there is no more BSNL connections available in my street. All connections are over so if I disconnect BSNL now then there could be a chance that this connection would go to someone and I may not get BSNL connection itself in future.
Very much confused what to do. I know it depends on my choice and usage but need your suggestions as well.
Thanks in advance.

Switch to the cheapest plan for a month or two.

There is a temporary suspend option or more like safe deposit for a monthly rent of Rs. 50 I think.

It was an old one. I am not sure whether it still exists or not.

It still exists. I called BSNL customer care and enquired. For safe custody of Landline it costs Rs.50 per month. If its including broadband connection then it costs Rs.100 more. So totally Rs.150 for Landline and Broadband. But we can disconnect broadband and safe custody only Landline and then while resuming the Landline we can get broadband connection.

Better not disconnect you BB plan unless BSNL at your end is very helpful.