Need your help for FTA channels and dish TV

• Thread starter Thread starter vsd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 20,225

vsd

ISP
TATA
Hi friends,I live in New Zealand and we are watching free to air channels via Asiasat3s with 2.4m dish and C band LNBF. We are moving Perth in Australia in Sept 07. We are here in Ahmedabad (India) for 2 months. New Zealand is far away from India and it is near south pole so it is not possible to watch those channels transmmited from insat series.My question is..... Is it possible to watch free to air channels in Perth (Australia) using 2.4m mesh dish?Can we use Tata Sky or Dish tv's satbox and if we pay here for one year contract for a package?If yes, There are huge opportunities for this business in new zealand and Australia.Technically it is possible to watch Dish TV channels anywhere, if you have got satbox and smart card. Comments please

FTA channels on C band satellites can be watched in far regions from India, as they have wider coverage, but the channels from DISHTV & Tata Sky can only be viewed in India and some adjoining countries having the footprint as they are in Ku band and it has very small coverage. So DISHTV & TATASKY cannot be watched at such far distance

For more coverage details visit LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite or Satellite Control Center SatcoDX

Thanks Kedarisv,We are able to watch Free to air channel in Australia and New Zealand but my question is.....If we buy a satbox and a c band LNBF for Zee connection in India, Is it possible to set it over there in Australia, if we have paid for one year? Because Zee telecasts on Asiasat3s.Thanks for help.

Thanks Kedarisv,
We are able to watch Free to air channel in Australia and New Zealand but my question is.....
If we buy a satbox and a c band LNBF for Zee connection in India, Is it possible to set it over there in Australia, if we have paid for one year? Because Zee telecasts on Asiasat3s.Thanks for help.
Yes, you can contact ZEE distribution for purchasing the card. It should be available, we had borrowed a 1 year subscribed card for testing purpose in UAE for Asiasat 3S Zee channels, but I don't know where/whom to contact

Hi VSD

I have read reports that Indian Channels beamed by NSS 6, Insat 3A and Asiasat 3S are received in Australia.
INSAT 3A InformationThis satellite does not officially cover Australia the footprint is on "India" though reception reports indicate otherwise! reception of Analog signals were reported right across Australia during the 1st few months this satellite was in operation. Most of the analogs were visable between P2 and p4 on the P quality scale on 2.4M and upwards sized dishes. The digitals have been received as well. Best reception of this satellite should be in Northern and Western Australia.

ASIASAT 3 InformationThis satellite has a large coverage area across Asia and Australasia. Many of the regional Chinese channels that use to be on Asiasat 2 have moved here. The most popular channel here is the well known Star Sports it has recently converted to a digital signal it may require an NTSC compatible receiver or TV. This channel is well known for live coverage of the Grand Prix motor racing. A 2.4M or larger is recommended for Digital reception from this satellite.
Pakistani , Chinese and Indian Channels dominate this satellite.
This satellite also carrys 2 Pay tv services for India, mostly to feed Cable Headends. Star TV and Zee TV both are encrypted services and not legally available to home viewers outside of India. Please do not email asking me where to get a card for them. For those that want Zee TV its available as a Pay TV service off Optus B3.

I hope u can get these in PERTH

Thanks for help. Now I will buy a smartcard and a decoder (sat box)from India and try to set the channels in Perth. Thanks again:yahoo:

VSD, I am in perth too .....just wanted to see how did you go with your installation ...i was thinking to do the same thing but not sure if it would work here....Have you had any luck ??Losty

Hi there, I also live in Perth Australia, and wanting to know how this decorder and the smartcard works in getting Indian channels? I am off to India in a months time and will appreciate if some one tells me what I require to do. Thanks for your help Chita

Hi Vsd,

I saw your discussion in this forum,

I am from india, Currently i am in Perth.

You said you are going to get the card and the sandbox from india and try the free air channels.

Is it worked.

if yes, can you please help me out to get the same here.

You can send mail to smartguy2611@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Hi VSD

I have read reports that Indian Channels beamed by NSS 6, Insat 3A and Asiasat 3S are received in Australia.
INSAT 3A InformationThis satellite does not officially cover Australia the footprint is on "India" though reception reports indicate otherwise! reception of Analog signals were reported right across Australia during the 1st few months this satellite was in operation. Most of the analogs were visable between P2 and p4 on the P quality scale on 2.4M and upwards sized dishes. The digitals have been received as well. Best reception of this satellite should be in Northern and Western Australia.

ASIASAT 3 InformationThis satellite has a large coverage area across Asia and Australasia. Many of the regional Chinese channels that use to be on Asiasat 2 have moved here. The most popular channel here is the well known Star Sports it has recently converted to a digital signal it may require an NTSC compatible receiver or TV. This channel is well known for live coverage of the Grand Prix motor racing. A 2.4M or larger is recommended for Digital reception from this satellite.
Pakistani , Chinese and Indian Channels dominate this satellite.
This satellite also carrys 2 Pay tv services for India, mostly to feed Cable Headends. Star TV and Zee TV both are encrypted services and not legally available to home viewers outside of India. Please do not email asking me where to get a card for them. For those that want Zee TV its available as a Pay TV service off Optus B3.

I hope u can get these in PERTH

and i am in between India & Australia.... kudos to all the intelligent techie ppl ou there....if i bought a Dish TV setup box and carried it to Bangkok, Thailandrigged it to a dish will it work?where shd i point it? and any setup precautions can i use?any tips & suggestions folks???if you can say coupla things...i promise a free dinner for you in bangkok whenever u visitThanksPeaceHelpMePls....

Dear friends,Have you been successful in using Tata Sky or Dish TV receivers in Perth,We are moving to Perth this month and your feedback will be helpful including settings. Thanka in advance SAB

Now they r not allowing DTH decoder in the airport... since its totally illegal under the television rights for the perticular country.. its only the indian airport authority which allows DTH decoder from other countires..IN UAE DTH from other providers is banned and they will take action against you if u use other service provider than their local one.... This was also published on Times of india 2 months before addition....

Hi

I am in perth. anybody help how to watch indian channels in perth. As cable tv cos unable to install vision/konnect tv etc. at my home.

thanks

Manoj
manoj.arora@hotmail.com