Need Wireless Internet Access Help On Bsnl Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter root
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 7,689

root

Hello, I've BSNL broadband(HOME 500 plan) and I purchased type IV modem(Huawei SmartAX MT841) with it. It has wireless card. When I power on my modem, WLAN signal shows me green. I'm able to connect to my modem using wireless. my ping to modem IP address works correctly. However, I'm not able to access internet using wireless card on my laptop. So wireless access works only within my lan. With the same laptop, I'm able to connect to internet using cable. Do I need any additional setup to access internet using wireless ? Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

I am facing exact the same problem and BSNL guys are no help at all!

Someone please give us solution.

If I find solution to this prob, which, I fee I am very close to, I will post it here.

Thanks.

QUOTE(root @ Jun 18 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]54078[/snapback]
Hello,

I've BSNL broadband(HOME 500 plan) and I purchased type IV modem(Huawei SmartAX MT841) with it. It has wireless card. When I power on my modem, WLAN signal shows me green. I'm able to connect to my modem using wireless. my ping to modem IP address works correctly. However, I'm not able to access internet using wireless card on my laptop. So wireless access works only within my lan. With the same laptop, I'm able to connect to internet using cable.
Do I need any additional setup to access internet using wireless ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
[/b]

Hi Root,

Found the solution!!! Wooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo................

1. Go to Modem gateway by typing 192.168.1.1 in your browser
2. Click on Basic, Click on Connections
3. Click on note for PVC 0
4. Delete it.
5. Click on Add New PVC (The tab name might be little different but ultimately you have to add a new PVC)
6. Set VPI/VCI values to 0 / 35
7. Put your username and Password
8. Dont change any other fields.

Apply, Save All which would reboot your modem and you are ready to go without dialling, You just created an always on internet.

Hope this helps you. In case you face any problems, let me know.

Have great wireless time!

QUOTE(JustaUser @ Jun 28 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]54726[/snapback]
I am facing exact the same problem and BSNL guys are no help at all!

Someone please give us solution.

If I find solution to this prob, which, I fee I am very close to, I will post it here.
Thanks.
[/b]