need wifi router for hathway-i don't have a computer

• Thread starter Thread starter mahi98
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 10,032

mahi98

ISP
bsnl 3g
hi guysi need a wifi router for hathway connection which i applied and am hoping.it will be installed in nxt 48hrs.....i don't have adesktop or laptop and will be using it for internet on my Samsung Galaxy r and micromax funbookso plz suggest me a good one i am considering TP-Link router for 1035rs from flipkart or Belkin basic one for 1400rsdoes hathway needs me to login in their home page?....if they are using this login system then won't that require me to need a computer to login always?sorry for too many questionsthanks in advancemahesh

yes hathway requires to login everytime u start the modem.consider buying a long range wifi router as mobile wifi is weaker comparitively.

yes hathway requires to login everytime u start the modem.

consider buying a long range wifi router as mobile wifi is weaker comparitively.

so if i connect to ups and don't off it then does it mean i don't require to login.....also its a browser based login rite?so when i try to access internet from my mobile and instead of the website the login appears and can i give the credentials from android browser and will it accept it?

yes hathway requires to login everytime u start the modem.

consider buying a long range wifi router as mobile wifi is weaker comparitively.

so if i connect to ups and don't off it then does it mean i don't require to login.....also its a browser based login rite?so when i try to access internet from my mobile and instead of the website the login appears and can i give the credentials from android browser and will it accept it?

one of my friend uses hathway he has to login with his username and password everytime he switches on his computer first page it opens when u type any site is their login page

one of my friend uses hathway he has to login with his username and password everytime he switches on his computer
first page it opens when u type any site is their login page

if i can login using from my android mobile then its fine......are you sure i can do it as many members in the forum have complaints that except internet explorer hathway is giving trouble with firefox in ubuntu linux etc........
also i am staying in a small room(Bangalore)and any wifi router will do so which one would you recommend?

i sure havent tried loggin in from android browser as he does not have a wifi..if u have a small room then u can buy this TP-Link wifi modem available at 1100 approx that would be enough..as i have a Netgear modem which i bought in feb n150 i think its priced 1450 it does not cover the whole house..there is 30 day money back guarentee on flipkart so u can return the wifi.. if it does not worktry using other browsers opera,ucweb !

i sure havent tried loggin in from android browser as he does not have a wifi..

if u have a small room then u can buy this TP-Link wifi modem available at 1100 approx that would be enough..

as i have a Netgear modem which i bought in feb n150 i think its priced 1450 it does not cover the whole house..

there is 30 day money back guarentee on flipkart so u can return the wifi.. if it does not work

try using other browsers opera,ucweb !

thanks i flipkarted tp link for rs1044 so guys prepare to explain me how to setup;-)

hi guys
bought TP-Link tl wr740n from Flipkart for rs.1044 and setting up was real easy as the whole steps were given in tp link website
thanks a lot for your help if any one need help regarding this then mail me at mahi98.goodguy@gmail.com will gladly help
once again thanks a lot guys
mahesh signing out
p.s will run to you in case of further anomalies;-)

guys anomalies.....i guess we need to login only using a desktop or laptop connected to the router via lan.....as morning when i tried to access inernet it didn't (even the login page didn't appear....send and receive lights not blinking too)but when i connected my friends laptop they were blinking and login page appeared....once logged on working perfectly again...i think hathway is overcharging data usage any ideas regarding this?i hardly used 250mb but its showing i already used 457mbthanks

guys anomalies.....
i guess we need to login only using a desktop or laptop connected to the router via lan.....as morning when i tried to access inernet it didn't (even the login page didn't appear....send and receive lights not blinking too)but when i connected my friends laptop they were blinking and login page appeared....once logged on working perfectly again
i think hathway is overcharging data usage any ideas regarding this?i hardly used 250mb but its showing i already used 457mb

thanks

hey solved this issue....contacted hathway guys and they gave me this url::::
Http://203.212.193.60/bsp/startportal.do?CPURL=http://203.212.193.60
and voila we will get the login page and can login even though Ethernet......send and receive lights not glowing

hi guys
i need a wifi router for hathway connection which i applied and am hoping.it will be installed in nxt 48hrs.....
i don't have adesktop or laptop and will be using it for internet on my Samsung Galaxy r and micromax funbook
so plz suggest me a good one
i am considering TP-Link router for 1035rs from flipkart or Belkin basic one for 1400rs

does hathway needs me to login in their home page?....if they are using this login system then won't that require me to need a computer to login always?

sorry for too many questions

thanks in advance
mahesh

hello mahesh

help needed.

i have a computer and hathway connection for over a year, now i need a wifi router for my smartphone and ipod touch.
can u suggest good wifi router and a step by step guide to make it work.
thanks in advance.

hello mahesh

help needed.

i have a computer and hathway connection for over a year, now i need a wifi router for my smartphone and ipod touch.
can u suggest good wifi router and a step by step guide to make it work.
thanks in advance.
Hi
I am using a TP-Link 740n wifi router via flipkart for rs.1045 and its working great for me.......and setting up is very easy........you can contact me by mail or this forum and i will gladly help you
Bye