Need urgent help with a new connection

Lolita_Magnum

ᓚᘏᗢ
ISP
AS17665
AS11158
As some of you might have know with all the tussle with I-ON/Trunet and now Den Net (aka digital satellite), these issues have seriously hampered my work productivity and even after searching for various other locals, I don't think I'm able to trust any one-plus a lot of them have quite a poor upstream.

My only choice now I am left with is Airtel and JioFiber, both which have junction box right outside my door. (Mumbai region)

Please suggest, which provider should I go for, my work is usually related on overseas server, with handling big data, so decent download speeds for family and a good upload speed is what I'm looking for, at the moment I'm having a look for 100Mbps connection from providers.

Thanks
Please note, I don't have tataplay, spectra or any of those available at the moment, and suggesting Hathway would be a big mistake.

Last edited:
I will suggest you to to take both of them for one month and try it out for yourself normally, I would have suggested Airtel but things like internet largely depend on the location that you are in. Plus jio fibre offers one month free trial so you can opt for it without a second thought

I don't have time, and due to my job profile I need to get something setup urgently, a friend in around the same complex, suggested Jio as he mentioned he never had a downtime or issue since past year or so, same goes for airtel but they do flimsy wiring, so I'm not sure.

Hi,
I use Jio, Airtel and BSNL and below is how I rate them.

Only Internet :-
1. Airtel
2. BSNL
3. Jio

Internet + OTT :-
1. BSNL
2. Jio & Airtel

Airtel with less OTT apps still equals Jio.

Upload speeds are good in all the three, Out of box modem is where Jio has to improve, here Airtel is much ahead.

Airtel both download and upload speeds are 20% higher than the promised speed whereas BSNL is at par and sometimes upload is 10% higher. Jio is the looser here as it try hard to keep 100% and always it will hover around 10% less than the promised speed.

Above is completely my experience which I am using in three different locations in the same city.

Airtel is known for best wiring practices. Can't understand why would one opt for anything else when Airtel is available. That too when serious work is involved.
In Mumbai even the last mile is handled by Airtel so you can't ask for more. They have best downtime resolving eta.

Thanks for your input everyone, I finally went through with airtel. Initially tried booking online, it gave me a phone number, they hooked me up with a live connection within 1 hour. The connection seems to be stable and good, surprisingly received a public IP.
12333.png

as @armaan_99 said speeds are 20% higher than promised.
12809098502.png

There is no O&M team in Jio. If there is a box in front of your house and it gets detached, it will not be fixed. Whereas in Airtel, either it will be fixed without you knowing or you can just complain to the customer care. Airtel puts the responsibility of the nextwork on the field engineer who is there for your area and they have the authority to summon the O&M team to do the needful. Jio box in front of my house is such a shape that it will drop in near future plus it can stop working without any notice because the top cover is not present for more than an year.

What do you mean? I thought it was Jio ahead in this
When you book a complaint with jio, ACT . It can get closed without ur consent. Read reviews online.
While in Airtel a happy code aka otp is sent to customer which he needs to give to attendant after his complaint is resolved. So customer is king with Airtel atleast for complaint resolution like fiber cut or other technical problems.
Another factor with Airtel is time some incentive is linked to complaint resolution time. You ll notice Airtel executive will come to you running as soon as complaint is lodged. I had an Airtel executive paying a visit 15mins after complaint at around 7-8pm iirc.
Things like these matter as you won't need a backup connection ever with Airtel atleast wherever last mile is directly managed by Airtel.

Yes, the local engineer here said, that for any issues I'd need to directly call him first, instead of customer care.

It's been working great, but the only flaw I can think of is the data cap limit, that makes me think twice before downloading a completely random huge media file or even a huge steam game for the matter, that I'll probably won't end up watching or playing.

Is there any way to check the data usage? I tried the Airtel Thanks app even the web, but nothing shows up and it just says 'unlimited'.
@igloo

The page loads, but it says "transaction error".
And "GBOD100: Your transaction could not be completed. Please try after some time."