Need to decide between TP-Link Archer C6 & Tenda AC10

ISP
One Broadband
I need to buy a dual band gigabit router under 3k and i have been researching for the same since past 2 days
All around the internet & even in this forum , Archer C6 seems to the one recommended most/defacto king . It seemed like a easy blind buy to me until one of my friend recommended Tenda AC10 as a better alternative , then i saw bunch of direct speedtest comparison between these 2 on YouTube & was quite shocked with the results . On paper both are having exactly same spec but actual tests told a very different story

1)Tenda AC10 vs Archer C6 v2

Source

Result - Archer C6 v2 is outperformed by Tenda AC10 by a very good margin . I didn't expected so much difference , archer seemed like a joke in front Tenda here

2) Tenda AC10 vs Archer C6 v2 vs Archer C6 v3 vs Few others

Source

Result - Here also Tenda AC10 outperformed both Archer C6 v2 & v3 by comfortable margins
( Archer C6 v3 has improved over v2 apparently still nowhere near Tenda AC10'S numbers )

Except just the one the speedtest comparison at first which was done like way too close to the router in which both routers perfomed equally good , Tenda AC10 performed way better be it 2.4ghz or 5 ghz band across all tests . There are bunch of other vidoes too on YouTube claiming Tenda AC10 having lot better coverage & speed than Archer C6 but lets leave them , the ones i gave are good enough tests to put forward my point . If the Tenda AC10 is so much better than Archer C6 , then why isn't it even half as much know or acclaimed like the Archer C6's are ? Why doesn't anyone talk about Tenda AC10 if they are really so good , something doesn't feel right to me . Possibly someone having used both these routers will be able to clear this up properly

What do all of you guys have to say about this ? Do all the tests in the video look reliable enough to base a purchase decision over it ? I am really stuck at this point . Its safe to say that way too many people use Archer C6 here it being so popular , don't you guys get speed drops like shown in the video ?

On another note , I am definitely open to suggestions for different options apart from these 2 within my budget

Last edited:
@Mayankp7 that's quite messed up situation ;-; . I did researched further for an hour yesterday but there's really nothing else we can go for. I think there's only one thing we can do now - Just order the Tenda from fk , test it for few days . If satisfied enough , end of story . If not , order a Archer C6 alongside for parallel testing & return the inferior one. Technically can also order both Tenda & Archer together lel but i think first option is better

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think i'll order the archer first and if it suffices my range expectations, i'm keeping it. Tenda was good at just one thing and now its gone! SMH.
Lets see what happens. Archer even has a better design LMAO so i mean..
:x

Upvote 0
@Mayankp7
Fair enough xd
I will possibly try to get both together if i can find some trick using which i can guarantee return lol . Primarily there's replacement only available so its bit risky to get both together . Maybe i should go with Archer first as well since the possibility of Tenda v3 being crap is lot higher than Archer C6 . Only available reviews of Tenda v3 are very negative & atleast Archer v3 has enough reviews only showing it bit lesser performant than Tenda v2 in range but still decent enough in general & its also better in other things atleast like firmware , app etc

Upvote 0
Also, I have seen lots of routers including TP-Link routers to become choppy after continuous usage for like 7-10 days, but Tenda has out performed great with 3 months of power up and continuous usage of 8-10 devices.
I think tenda router by default switch on and off during night automatically.
Its optional and off by default in tp link ones.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that was a deal breaker for me too hence opted for C6 V3. If not urgent, then only option is to wait till Mercusys comes with a better alternative.

Upvote 0
So i came across a fairly new contender from D-Link that no one seem to be talking about. Just available on FK here with 0 verbal reviews and nobody seems to have reviewed it anywhere. Here's the product page. Am i missing something? Why is this being ignored?

Update: Found a product listing for the router on AMZN USA. Seems to be quite positively received. Also i'm quite certain its the same hardware sold around the globe without the v1 v2 v3 shitshow as its literally launched 14/09/2020.

Last edited:
Upvote 0