Need to buy drill machine. Confused between types.

• Thread starter Thread starter raman07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,799
ISP
Netplus
Hi, I need to buy drill machine but i am confuse which drill machine is best for me. I see there are 2-3 types of drill machine.
Hammer Drill, Rotatory hammer drill, Regular drill.

I want to buy drill machine with both a switching function. So i can make it hammer and regular type according to my need but i do not know what are those drill machine are called which have switching function for regular use and hammer drill.
Am i missing any type of drill machine. Please suggest me which is good.
Thanks

Recently I bought a home drill it was regular drill with reverse function(used to reverse rotation direction) and speed control.Shopkeeper told me that hammer drill are suggested for professional use. I was low on budget so I bought a local brand it costed me 1,000. You have to purchase drill bits separately according to your usage like bits for drilling holes on walls are different that are used to drill on wood.
If you are not low on budget you can buy a branded hammer drill these have modes to switch to Hammer only,rotatory hammer or just hammer.

Upvote 0
my budget is 2000rs to 3000rs. I am not sure if all hammer drill have modes to switch to regular drills? Which one is regular drill mode between hammer only, rotatory hammer, just hammer?
Do all hammer drills have these switching modes?

And what i think is hammer drill and rotatory hammer drills can not tight a screw since their bit keep bouncing back and forth. That is why i want a drill with mode to switch it between hammer drill to regular drill. I am not sure if such hybrid drills are available in market or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What is your primary use of the drill, drilling through Cement Wall/Wood/RCC Wall/Tiles ?
for basic house hold use, any drill Chinese to Branded would be perfect fit in most cases.

Upvote 0
Ya I read that,
but he forgot to to post the usage and the link to product which he purchased.

Upvote 0