Need to buy a Desktop PC

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
I'm thinking of getting a Desktop PC assembled, since my branded Dell Vostro CPU went fault a couple of week ago.

I'm thinking to go with i5 processor, 8 GB RAM, 2 GB Graphics, a Zebronics Motherboard. Any suggestions, or morely inputs regarding this would be good.
I stay in Bangalore, and i would get it from SP Road. My budget for now is 15,000 on CPU alone.

I have two PC configurations on the board from few weeks ago. Check them out.

Basically, try to stick to MSI or Asus for Motherboard. Get a decent PSU. If you do not want to play games, do not waste money on a shitty old 2GB GFX Card. Get a CPU with onboard graphics and wait for proper GPUs to become affordable.

Upvote 0
Hi @Sushubh ,
Thanks for the reply. I will check out the other threads.

Yes. Thanks for suggestions. I think I will stick to the Asus for MB, since I know it's a good brand. Which i5 processor is good for home use.

As far as PSU is concerned, how do I know which PSU is the right one?

Upvote 0
set a budget. select all the other components. and then get the best i5 you can get in your desired budget. Of course, processor and motherboard and RAM compatibility is important here. the one i got in the 40K build above is pretty solid. availability is an issue so you might not even get the variant you decide on. but i am guessing you would have to settle for the 10th gen one. 11th gen are pricey and might not be easily available.

as for psu... i basically meant to pick a branded one. i bought a cooler master bronze series model. you would need to decide what watt capacity model be good if you do plan to get a high end gfx card at a later stage. i imagine 450w/550w are enough for a decent machine without a high end gfx card. i bought the 450w for the i3 machine and 550w for the i5 machine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay. I will. The DDR4 RAM is enough for me. I will check on what processor i can get in my budget. Does i3 and i5 vary with processing? I mean, i went through your thread, and i think i can well go back to i3 instead of i5. I will find a good PSU when i get it assembled.

Need to find a way to dispose off the old branded PC. I think some of the components, like RAM and cables would come to use.

Upvote 0