Need suggestions regarding landline phones with Caller ID support with JioFiber.

Thanks @NoviceUser404 and @socrates . It seems to be an issue with me then. I tried with 2 different cordless phones. But same issue on both.

Right after I hang up the call on the cordless phone: 1) On my mobile, the call immediately disconnects, and 2) the cordless phone starts ringing immediately
(This happens only when the call was an incoming call. Not for an outgoing one from the landline)

I will try raising a complaint with the JioFiber customer care. Thanks again.

Before connecting my Panasonic instrument to Jio's router, I tried calling my Landline number from mobile. I was hoping to listen phone is Off or out of coverage message.
But instead I was get call ringing tone. Anybody noticed it?
It will mislead caller that call is ringing but nobody is picking up phone, while actually phone is disconnected.

That happens because the router does not care (or understand) whether you have connected a device to it or not. As long as the router is turned on, your landline is active. If you turn off the router and try calling your landline, you will hear a message that the number is not available or something.

This again is a normal behavior with landlines. Same happens for MTNL as well. If I disconnect the cordless from the MTNL wall socket, the person calling me still hears a call ringing tone. Because just by removing my Panasonic device from the socket does not turn off my MTNL number.

Reactions: SVK