Need Suggestions for a New Computer

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 5,520
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
This is the configuration I have worked on so far, need your suggestions.

I plan to get it on this Tuesday or Wednesday from Nehru Place.

Planning to get a Dedicated GFX in the next couple months.

My Usage would be;

Gaming, Browsing, Watching Movies, Photoshop, Word Processing.

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]Component

[/TD]
[TD]Price[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Intel Processor Core-i 5-2400 3.10 6MB[/TD]
[TD]10175[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Intel DH67CL(B3)[/TD]
[TD]5500[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL [/TD]
[TD]1665[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WD 1TB SATA HDD INTERNAL [/TD]
[TD]5100[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Seasonic S12ii-520 [/TD]
[TD]4000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cooler Master Scout [/TD]
[TD]6100[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dell ST2220L 22” LED Monitor [/TD]
[TD]7900[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Asus Interntal DVD/RW SATA

[/TD]
[TD]1075[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Total [/TD]
[TD]41515[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Pretty much the best config for that budget.

Thanks. As you already been to NP last week can you comment if my estimates are right and about the availability of the components?

Why buy last year's processor when ivyBridge would be available in Indian markets from mid-May onwards?I personally think you are getting ripped off on CPU-mono. I had configured i5 2310 and Intel motherboard combo for Rs. 11,000. This was 8 months ago. I expected prices of 2400 to reach similar or even lower levels.One thing is for sure. Once ivyBridge processors are available, Sandy bridge based processors will see a huge price drop. The money saved can be used to buy GTX 560 or 660 when it's available.

hmm, I thought they'd be out in August or something. In that case, if possible wait for Ivy bridge if you can.

Just checked some online resources and found that Intel Core i5-3450, i5-3550 and i5-3570K are launched already.

So, I guess it makes sense to put money on the latest technology or rather saving something on the previous one.

It'll still make sense to buy Sandybridge, from the i7 ivybridge benchmarks that I have seen, the performance difference isn't much and they'd be priced higher when launched. If the price of Sandybridge reduces immediately, they'd be more VFM.

No cooler?? You can cut down on PSU i think. Here is one that i made 🙂

Flipkart.com: Sun's WishList: mr.nobdy-1740 Wishlist no monitor and no dvd drive tho 😛

----------

I will also suggest you to get a better MB as the one you suggest doesn't have onboard graphics (Imp i think as u are getting the gfx card later and for future too), also i am not sure abt overclocking on that (i know u wont be interested bt still 😛 )

Also check the memory freq. your MB supports 😉

Just wondering if I should be waiting for Ivy Bridge to be available actually.Same happened with the laptop I purchased last year, I got Core i3, Sandy Bridge was launched after two months.Bleh.

Sandybridge was a new architecture. Ivy bridge is an evolutionary step. The new generation after ivy bridge will be a big step forward. Just wait for these to be released in India and see if i5 2400 is available cheaper.

when i was upgrading my desktop from a core2duo to something better, intel literally drove me nuts. the combination i wanted to purchase was turning out to be so expensive compared to a comparable AMD. decided to ditch Intel for AMD. hard to say how much of a performance hit it turned out to be, but the budget solution has worked well for the last 2 years. i plan to stick with it for another year before deciding if i need another upgrade. would largely depend upon what windows 8 turns out to be. maybe i would end up ditching the desktop and getting a touch enabled ultrabook. 😕

Intel has ownd AMD in recent years. If you believed AMD was best and intel was rip off, you probably didn't look harder at Lower Intel CPUs. I am not intel fanboy, but I am done with AMD and hate them. I hate AMD fanboys even more.