Need Suggestions for a New Computer

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 5,522
it simply does not matter wat processor u use(i5/i7 etc) fwiw i run multiple programs(doing computations) on 3 monitors on a core i5 and yet i barely use 10-20% of the processing power inspite of the heavy usage. i cud easily run all my workload on a underclocked i5 if i wanted !!! but i can easily use almost 90% of my 8gb ram. u no longer need to even bother with overclocking and stuff. most ppl skimp on the ram and just stick to 4gb which is a big mistake imho. 4gb barely makes the cut today. ivy bridge is not going to make any difference unless u intend to run ur processors @ 90% workload all the time which i doubt any ordinary guy is going to. processing power has reached a stage where most programs can barely manage to utilize more than a small % of it.

no one is not even talking abt samms choice of buying a Dell monitor! dell monitor! monitor from the company dell!

whats with Dell monitor???????/ they ake fine monitor. not as fancy looking as samsung and LG but yet fine. their refresh rates are slighly better than LG's and Samsung. So less eye fatigue overtime.

Asus ProArt is one of the best display in the market right now, 23'' model is around 18kDell UltraSharp is other option and it's around the same price, but warranty is nice.Is there anyone who is actually using Asus Display and is aware about the after sales service?

#offtopichmm...dont have much details about the display models of Asus. But does Proart has 120hz refresh rate with IPS panel. new and advanced monitors nowadays comes with 120hz refresh rates that gives a amazing 1920x1200 viewing experience from a digital port. its very impressive.

it simply does not matter wat processor u use(i5/i7 etc) fwiw i run multiple programs(doing computations) on 3 monitors on a core i5 and yet i barely use 10-20% of the processing power inspite of the heavy usage. i cud easily run all my workload on a underclocked i5 if i wanted !!! but i can easily use almost 90% of my 8gb ram. u no longer need to even bother with overclocking and stuff. most ppl skimp on the ram and just stick to 4gb which is a big mistake imho. 4gb barely makes the cut today. ivy bridge is not going to make any difference unless u intend to run ur processors @ 90% workload all the time which i doubt any ordinary guy is going to. processing power has reached a stage where most programs can barely manage to utilize more than a small % of it.

Even Intel officially has admitted that Ivybridge Processors will give a boost by only 10-15 %. Only the onboard graphics will be fast by 30-50% compared to Sandybridge. So True that Processors nowadays are way way beyond the ordinary to Medium workload.
But still On board Graphics are still way below compared to the entry level graphics card like GT 520

exactly, for his usage Sandybridge vs Ivybridge won't make a difference. But if it leads to a price drop in sandybridge, that'd be nice.

Is there anyone who is actually using Asus Display and is aware about the after sales service
I haven't personally used ASUS products but their A.S.S. is handled by Rashi which is apparently not good at all. There were apparently a lot of horror stories on techenclave.

whats with Dell monitor???????/ they ake fine monitor. not as fancy looking as samsung and LG but yet fine. their refresh rates are slighly better than LG's and Samsung. So less eye fatigue overtime.
Dell india has crapp Customer care service. Ask Operamaniac(admin of this site)

^^

I Thought you were going for assembled PC

I was just hoping that this announcement might indicate that Ivy Bridge Processors would retail in the market soon 😀