Need Suggestion to buy a bike below 150cc

• Thread starter Thread starter nitin.35
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,720

nitin.35

ISP
Airtel
I'm looking to buy a bike in sub 150cc segments. Some of my requirements - - Should be easy to ride (I dont have any on road experience of a bike, have used an old 1980s LML scooter for about 200 Km in total, right now I'm using a scooty(2000) and activa(2010) )- Should be comfortable ( Need it for a daily commute of about 10 km to and from office in bangalore traffic)- Should be lightweight (I'm myself just 54 kg, not athletic build)- Good mileage (soaring petrol prices)- Low on maintenance- Should have decent resale value (Might want to upgrade to more powerful bikes in 2 years)- Looks are not important (but would be great add-on)Some of the bikes I've looked into and am considering - honda twister - for the owernership reviews i've read online and specification close to my requirementshonda shine - for the good rapport it has in the marketpulsar 135 - for the feedback from my friends who own itothers which i've looked and rejecteddiscover 125 - I consider shine a better optionNow after inputs from some friends I'm confused over which bike to buy out of the above three. Please suggest which bike i should go for, feel free to add any other bike to the list which I should look into.

haha. strange times... no one thinks about buying hero honda splendor! if you are looking for good resale value, stick to hero honda.

Honda Shine. Very good bike in its segment. Might not be spunky and all, but is very practical, and comfortable to ride. From the Hero Honda stable, I would recommend Passion Plus. Avoid Bajaj.

I've heard the 'avoid bajaj' thing from a lot of people now, and mixed reviews from my friends.. so bajaj is out of picture. Regarding hero honda.. I went up to the showroom at bannerghatta road (Bangalore) and was very disaapointed by thier response... for the first 15 minutes there was nobody to entertain us.. after that I went up to the manager there who helped me out with my queries but his response was kind of cold... when I asked him for a test ride he flatly denied that we don't have test ride vehicles because all the models are on booking... when I asked him how many days of booking is going on he said you'll get the vehicle within 2-3 days.. Then he asked a salesboy to show me the bikes.. I asked him for the testride, he said that no Hero Honda showrooms give test rides.. is that True? if thats the case I might as well settle for Honda only.. as I'm not willing to buy a bike without test driving it.

They are taking you for a ride (pun intended). If they are saying they don't give test rides, go to a different showroom

Try out the Hero Honda Showroom near Dell office/EGL Business park in Koramanagala Intermediate ring road, They are known for good service, My friend got his CBZ Xtreme from that showroom 2 weeks back. And yeh, he had taken test ride before he bought the bike.