Need suggestion for buying Car

• Thread starter Thread starter godric_gt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,563
My stupid suggestion is....wait for Mini Xylo launch.

Beg your pardon, but I wish to stay away from the Mahindra Car Brand. Any other upcoming Cars you know of? I heard of one called Kia Venga, it is slated to launch around the mid of 2012.

stay away from german manufaturer as well, sustainability on indian road conditions is still a question and will put a big hole in pocket if some thing goes wrong. better go for japs like honda Jazz if running is within city.

your running?which body style do you like?Any like/dislike for any particular manufacturers

stay away from german manufaturer as well, sustainability on indian road conditions is still a question and will put a big hole in pocket if some thing goes wrong. better go for japs like honda Jazz if running is within city.

Any comments about the italians? I have a fancy for Fiat Punto.

----------

i can think of swift desire or toyota etios

Thanks, will have a look at Toyota 🙂

----------

Are you looking for a hatchback or sedan?

Anything will do, just has to be within budget and should have a powerful engine 🙂

----------

your running?

which body style do you like?

Any like/dislike for any particular manufacturers

it's gonna be my first car 🙂 Body style irrelevant, it should have a good pickup and speed. No Mahindra cars please.

Any comments about the italians? I have a fancy for Fiat Punto.
Then wait till Fiat takeover the sales and service themselves.

My Hatch history Palio - Punto - PoloFiat build quality is solid, much much better than Volkswagen. After sales service under Tata is alright, nothing great.

I'd suggest the Honda Jazz if you are okay with petrol and Swift for diesel. Jazz would come to ~6 lacs on road. Good styling, excellent build quality, Honda's Reliability, not very common so stands out, and is fully loaded(ABS, airbags et al.) excellent to drive because of that iVTEC beauty.Honda has fixed almost all of their supply troubles(due to the Thai) floods so availability is not a concern.Nothing wrong with Punto as a car but I don't like their Interior quality. looks shabby TBH. And because of extremely poor sales(they sold 700 of them all over India in April), resale value is horrible.

If your budget is about 6l there are cars like Maruti Suzuki swift as well as Fiat Punto are the 2 gud cars which come under the budget of Rs.6 L are not only stylish but also give good mileage.

Do consider suzuki zen estilo, nice tall car with innova like design and powerful suzuki engine.