Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 107,989
Im curently on alliance BB

I'm having a hard time getting the connection. I made the application almost 10 days back, and the LCO was supposed to contact me. Nobody reached out to me, and when I called up the BSNL officer to whom I gave the application he says he has no clue who the LCO is! 🙄 How are the supposed to provide support etc after installation if they themselves don't know who the LCO is.

The BSNL person just says contact the person who runs the local cable TV network, it *might* be him.

Damn, so the vendor who can do the installation of FTTH to my home in Pune says my exchange does not have info about 777 or 1277 plans and only some older plans available where the 100 mbps 2000 GB plan cost is 4999 per month! Sux. Closest affordable plan is Rs. 1495 for 40 mbps 160 GB or Rs. 1999 for 40 mbps 500 GB.

Does anyone anywhere in Maharashtra have the 777 or 1277 plan? I guess MH state does not have these plans anywhere yet?

BSNL Maharashtra website only lists two promo plans 555 of 20 mbps and 4999 of 100 mbps 😢

So latest update is this tweet from BSNL Corporate handle:

Source

Apparently the 777 and 1277 plans are now "regularised" for all circles (except A&N) "effective immediately due to high demand from customers" and even the bsnl.co.in website is updated and these plans are no longer promotional, they are regular.

Hoping I can avail of the 1277 plan soon now!

I recently took the 1277 Plan in Rajasthan Alwar. The Download Speed max is 30 Mbps but the upload speed does reach 95 Mbps in Night. I think they have capped the download limit. When I complained to BSNL . They responded this is fast enough and 1277 mai itna hi milega. if you need 100 Mbps speed go for 16999 PLAN. Further pathetic they respond that I have consumed 54 GB in 8 days means the speed is good... looks like they forgot they offer 750 GB in a month on this plan.

@rameshbritto Days of BSNL being exclusive provider in tier 2 cities of India are limited. Hoping JIO will launch soon. Regarding consumer court they can always argue as they advertise "upto 100 Mbps" it can be anything above 512 Kbps as per broadband definitions.

I recently took the 1277 Plan in Rajasthan Alwar. The Download Speed max is 30 Mbps but the upload speed does reach 95 Mbps in Night. I think they have capped the download limit. When I complained to BSNL . They responded this is fast enough and 1277 mai itna hi milega. if you need 100 Mbps speed go for 16999 PLAN. Further pathetic they respond that I have consumed 54 GB in 8 days means the speed is good... looks like they forgot they offer 750 GB in a month on this plan.
pathetic

On wired they are bound to provide 80 percent of advertised speed at all time to their local servers. Try complaining through bsnl web portal or pgportal?

Also you can tweet them . include bsnl corporate and your circle bsnl's twitter handle in your tweet also don't forget to mention your landline number/ account number in the tweet.

anyone has had gaming experience on BSNL FTTH so please let me know, I am thinking to go for 777 plan and ditching railwire 1000 2mbps unlimited plan

Also you can tweet them . include bsnl corporate and your circle bsnl's twitter handle in your tweet also don't forget to mention your landline number/ account number in the tweet.
Already done, and got a reply that I had downloaded 54 GB of data in 8 days which is good enough as per them. They don't want to try to understand that 54 GB data can be consumed even with a 10 Mbps connection in 8 days. The local bsnl office guys told me to go for 16999 plan if I want 100 Mbps speed.

thats the thing 90% of the user will suffer this horrible speed on these new plans.. But if you need steady speed then Only those Premium plans can help starting 3999

Just think why would anyone get 100mbps for 16999 where they can get it for 1277 ? Thought the FUP limit differs but i think most of us are happy with 750GB per month..

I am think I might cancel my application for the 1277 FTTH connection..

Last edited: