Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 108,116
Which means I can get them to change it. I'm getting 23dBm of power btw.

-23 dBm may be a bit on low side of power according to someone who was telling me on whatsapp that minimum it should be -20 dBm. Maybe your modem can't handle it but I would first try contacting LCO / exchange to check your upload speed plan setting to fix the upload speed issue.

When I first got the connection 3.5 months ago my power was -15 dBm then 3-4 days ago the LCO said some maintenance was done to split some fibers for more customers and now my power is also in -23 to -25 range but I don't see any speed issues on speedtest upload or download.

Which means I can get them to change it. I'm getting 23dBm of power btw.
upto 26 dbm is good

@Nikhil Sharma your best chance would be to tweet BSNLCorporate regarding the low upload speed issue. They would have to check and make changes to the configuration at the exchange for asynchronous download and upload speed.

My ONT is showing this status-

Tx Power 3.062536 dBm
Rx Power-13.757179 dBm

What does this mean? BTW I am getting perfect speed as per the plan

Tx = transmit = outgoing optical power and Rx = receive = incoming optical power. both numbers look very good.

Hi Guys, What is the name of Banglore Office. I guess it’s NIB or something looks like it’s head office for FTTH.

@Shubham Yes they are connected to the same network (until exchange) if you face downtime due to OFC cut then you will face downtime in FTTH as well.

@Shubham i guess on backend yes the network infrastructure will be the same so if there is a problem there then you can face downtime on both. but on front end it should be different, but again the wiring can originate from same telephone exchange so if there is a problem (like power cut) in telephone exchange then again you will face downtime in both.

but overall you should go for ftth for sure. if you can ask your LCO/vendor who else is taking ftth in your area so you can ask them for quality of service that would be nice.

Hi Guys, What is the name of Banglore Office. I guess it’s NIB or something looks like it’s head office for FTTH.

It will be called NIB office or sometimes referred to as NOC (network operations center) I am guessing.

Primary NOC is in bangalore and secondary backup NOC is in Pune according to some old PDFs found on BSNL sites.

It's hard to say how ADSL will perform compared to Fiber. At least with FTTH you will get much faster speeds, so go for it. You can cancel your ADSL later on if you feel it is of no use as a backup.