Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 108,069
getting speed of 230KB/sec 🙁

Where are you located again? edit: nevermind I see you are from Bhopal in other thread.

Thanks guys for checking the downloads. Seems like BSNL routing is screwed up because some places are fast and some slow for me in Pune. Being in Pune I guess I am connected through the backup NOC (disaster recovery) in Pune which maybe does not have good international bandwidth or routing.

Not nitin I was talking about tarang taneja 🙂 i was replying to his post

Where are you located again? edit: nevermind I see you are from Bhopal in other thread.

Thanks guys for checking the downloads. Seems like BSNL routing is screwed up because some places are fast and some slow for me in Pune. Being in Pune I guess I am connected through the backup NOC (disaster recovery) in Pune which maybe does not have good international bandwidth or routing.

yes routing is screwed up. Even services at my place too, since today I am getting 1 mbps speed, I talked to the LCO guy he said we are repairing it, but no luck till yet, they shut down their office at 5 pm and don't care about whether it is working properly or not

My LCO gave me the phone number of the Pune NIB (or maybe NOC) and I called to complain about slow speeds internationally to some servers like github and ubuntu archives but the guys there were just saying "change DNS" or "change MTU" to resolve the speed issue 😀

They even did remote desktop session using a nice quick tool called "Any Desk" where I showed them traceroute to github.com and they claimed everything was fine and they are not throttling any speeds and there is nothing they can do.

I told them there are some other BSNL FTTH users getting good speeds and even mentioned Airtel FTTH users are getting good speeds (because traceroute showed airtel IP) and he said there are two network centers one in Mumbai and other in Delhi maybe the Delhi one is operating better.

I even mentioned on my own connection some locations are showing good speeds in speedtest.net while others are not and asked if there is routing problem which can be looked at and they claimed everything is operating fine and again said there is nothing they can do.

And like there is nothing they can do, there is nothing I can do either because BSNL is the only provider in my area, no options of any other major or smaller ISPs here. 🙁

@vishalrao got a similar situation here. My connection was not working properly since past 2 days, today they repaired it finally but now I am not getting 59 series IP I restarted my ONT 2-3 times and turned it off more than 30 mins, still no luck 🙁 problem is that now all pings to singapore are high and I cannot play any games till I get 59 series IP. Seems like routing issue only, but they are least bothered to even acknowledge it, they say everything is okay at our end.

Now I am getting a new series of IP which starts with 103.xx.xx.xx which has 300 ms ping on all South east asia servers.

Last edited:
@Tarang Taneja @vishalrao Type your grievances explaining the situation clearly, take a screenshot of the whole thing and tweet the pic to @BSNLCorporate. In the tweet itself mention slow speed and routing issues. Maybe this can lead to something. And further you can register a complaint on pgportal.gov.in as well. Hopefully, then they will wake up to the situation.

@Tarang Taneja I get good pings on 103 series, I contacted someone in local NIB and they forwarded my email to Pune NIB and they fixed it, only time I get bad pings is when I get 117 series which I have only got once, sometimes I get higher than usual pings but getting new IP 2-3 times fixes that. I have used this method twice to fix my pings. Once after installation and once after my setting were wiped from plan change. I sent some pingtests and traceroute where I get high pings, usually to AWS Singapore.

BTW, I activated one year of free Amazon prime subscription that BSNL is providing in collaboration with amazon.in.
I am on 777 plan.

i hope you noted the terms and conditions, first year is free but then you will be charged from the second year onward for yearly cost of Amazon Prime 😀

Are you sure it doesn't get auto-renewed? I read in terms and conditions they will start charging from second year onward. But I guess you can cancel it by calling CC. Not sure if there is option in online backend customer account page to cancel.

@vishalrao Yes I am sure, they don't auto-renew. The only somewhat scummy thing they do is that they add Amazon prime subscription to your cart automatically. So you might accidentally purchase it while making some other purchase.