Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 108,089
Today I went to exchange office, these guys told me that connection is feasible in my area and it would be provided directly by BSNL and not through any LCO. He told me ₹1000 security deposit and one month bill amount 777 to be paid in advance, and asked me to fill the application form. But they only had one last copy of form available there so they asked the photocopy guy to give me a xerox copy but he said it is lunch time and I will only give it to you after 30 mins lol. So they told me either come tomorrow or wait, so i will go again tomorrow.
How can they not have any soft copies of the application form in the system for printout? Only this attitude of BSNL employees is unbearable, hope JioFiber comes soon even in small cities so that these people get some real competition.

Download form from website fill it and take all the necessary documents and one photograph with you simple

here is my review of bsnl ftth 777 plan in jaipur

i used to live in the heart of jaipur (vidhan sabha area) and tried getting a bsnl ftth connection for last 4 years but my requests always fell on deaf ears. this year in april, we shifted to our farm house on the outskirts of jaipur (sirsi road area) where bsnl doesnt even have telephone lines but i still expressed my interest in getting a ftth connection on the bsnl website and to my utter shock and surprise, an executive from aksh optifibre called me and told me that my house is feasible for a ftth connection if i am ready to pay for the cable @ 20 rs per metre. this was in june. i filled the form and submitted all the required documents and thought i will soon get a connection but june turned to july then to august and finally on 20th september the aksh people came and installed the connection. total fibre laid was around 650 metres but they charged for 500. then, it took them 7 days to activate my connection which was done yesterday. i am getting a cool 40mbps up/down on wifi on a 50mbps conenction so i am finally happy. the wait was a torture but being able to stream 4k netflix has alleviated the pain a bit.

So the cable guys charged you 10000 for fiber installation? thats preety steep hope your connection stays like this.. Enjoy...And thanks for sharing..

@N_lover27 yeah it was either that or a jio dongle but i needed a good connection for the cctvs, streaming media (we dont subscribe to dth anymore) and hopefully xbox gaming (yet to test online MP). also, the aksh people told me that the 500 gb FUP wont be enforced and that happy browsing offer will continue for the forseeable future. so 10k isnt that steep in the grand scheme of things.

why doesnt the last message on the board has a reply/quote button?

@sahir same here is the case for me i had applied for connection 15 days ago, the woman at the office told me that order has been done and the connection is feasible so they will install it soon, but today i called the guy who looks after FTTH in my city he told me that i cant see any orders from your name, he said he will call back but but who knows when he will call and when they will install it. Please do tell me how is the online gaming, maybe if you can test how much ping you are getting on fortnite asia server it would be a great help. thanks

@N_lover27 yeah it was either that or a jio dongle but i needed a good connection for the cctvs, streaming media (we dont subscribe to dth anymore) and hopefully xbox gaming (yet to test online MP). also, the aksh people told me that the 500 gb FUP wont be enforced and that happy browsing offer will continue for the forseeable future. so 10k isnt that steep in the grand scheme of things.

why doesnt the last message on the board has a reply/quote button?

I also applied for 1277 plan on 5th sept.. till now no news.. I know wht you said is correct about being not steep but only if the speed remains same in future.. as BSNL is know not to care about QoS..

Can you give me a tracert and ping of 188.165.12.106

PS: do you wired connection if possible during the test..

Tracing route to proof.ovh.net [188.165.12.106]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.100.1
2 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 103.71.
3 2 ms 3 ms 2 ms static.jullandar.bb.59.90.68.1/24.bsnl.in [59.90.68.1]
4 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 218.248.169.42
5 4 ms * 4 ms 218.248.235.129
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 46 ms 45 ms 45 ms 125.21.44.229
8 183 ms 183 ms 184 ms 182.79.149.105
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 185 ms 186 ms 185 ms be100-1042.rbx-g2-nc5.fr.eu [213.251.130.102]
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 181 ms 181 ms 181 ms proof.ovh.net [188.165.12.106]

@sahir same here is the case for me i had applied for connection 15 days ago, the woman at the office told me that order has been done and the connection is feasible so they will install it soon, but today i called the guy who looks after FTTH in my city he told me that i cant see any orders from your name, he said he will call back but but who knows when he will call and when they will install it. Please do tell me how is the online gaming, maybe if you can test how much ping you are getting on fortnite asia server it would be a great help. thanks
For online gaming you can search the bsnl ftth topic , there is a thread for bsnl gaming feasibility with ftth.

I am trying to get the 1277 plan for last 3 months now but BSNL staff keep on giving excuses like they don't have free port or the plan is not currently feasible.
Hoping Jio to come soon so we can get good plans.

Can anyone help me out this this sms i got from BSNL today..

Dear Customer. Your order is not Feasible at the outdoor. Order number is 14758412527
Dear Customer. Your order is not Feasible at the outdoor. Order number is 14758412755

What does it mean..

Today I went to exchange office again, they told me that we have allotted you a landline number and connection should have been installed by now. Then they called the guy who is incharge of installing FTTH in my area but he gave a confusing reply that i am not sure whether its feasible or not, but I told him it should be feasible if it is installed in a home not even 100 m away, so they called another person who is incharge (maybe his senior) and then he confirmed that it will be installed in 2-3 days.

I am seeing the same trend as per all the posts, they are reluctant to install, and just give a reply that it is not feasible unless you call them again and again.

Strange why they would dilly dally like this for giving connections. They get a commission of up to 35% of the plan value for every subscriber if my reading of a document on Maharashtra BSNL website is correct.