Need some review of new BSNL FTTH plans 777 / 1277

Shubham

Regulars
@vishalrao Yes I am sure, they don't auto-renew. The only somewhat scummy thing they do is that they add Amazon Prime subscription to your cart automatically. So you might accidentally purchase it while making some other purchase.

@Tarang Taneja @vishalrao Type your grievances explaining the situation clearly, take a screenshot of the whole thing and tweet the pic to @BSNLCorporate. In the tweet itself mention slow speed and routing issues. Maybe this can lead to something. And further you can register a complaint on pgportal.gov.in as well. Hopefully, then they will wake up to the situation.
Thanks the issue temporarily got resolved, and I am in touch with one NIB office employee, he says he's working on it. Though it has been a long time since he has been saying that but if the issue comes again I will surely try the twitter thing

@Tarang Taneja I get good pings on 103 series, I contacted someone in local NIB and they forwarded my email to Pune NIB and they fixed it, only time I get bad pings is when I get 117 series which I have only got once, sometimes I get higher than usual pings but getting new IP 2-3 times fixes that. I have used this method twice to fix my pings. Once after installation and once after my setting were wiped from plan change. I sent some pingtests and traceroute where I get high pings, usually to AWS Singapore.
On 103 series I get high pings to AWS singapore, never got 117 series. 59 series seems to be the best for me for both speeds and pings

i hope you noted the terms and conditions, first year is free but then you will be charged from the second year onward for yearly cost of Amazon Prime :D
Yes I read the same thing in TnC that they will charge yearly cost of prime in BSNL bill and keep it continued after the first year.

Who knows they might bring the offer next year again as Jio Giga fiber will commercially launch.

Nikhil Sharma

BSNL FTTH User
Regulars
@nitinmits I ordered the same ONT directly from syrotech.

1) Can you share the picture of the ONT?
2) How much did you pay for it?

Edit: I got it, He charged you 3500 for the ONT but as you said it's available for 2000. I got the same from the manufacturer for around 2301 including GST and shipping cost (150Rs)

Last edited:

Nikhil Sharma

BSNL FTTH User
Regulars
Hi @nitinmits What is the name of this device that you are holding. I'm not sure if it's an ONT can't think of WiFi modem as well. I'm assuming that the other device (right side) is that ONT that you got for 3500 from the LCO. Can you share some pictures of the ONT/ONU?

Nikhil Sharma

BSNL FTTH User
Regulars
I'm also getting a connection installed. I'll be getting a 1Gbps port directly from the OLT as they don't have a splitter box. They are yet to find their underground box as soon as they find it they will install a drop cable to my home and then a patch cord. It will take them 1-2 days. I'm also waiting for my ONT/ONU device I guess it should come in 2-3 days. I'll go to the exchange on Monday to get my connection activated and also get 297777 telephone number (which is available :p) I have two telephone lines right now (ADSL) I'll be disconnecting one of my ADSL connection (non-broadband) to see the uptime of the FTTH network and if it's good I'll be disconnecting my ADSL as well. Then I'll connect both of my telephones to the ONT (one number only).