Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 108,163
So I got a call yesterday from a local number asking what is the problem and that they will look into it. Today again got a call from the same lady telling me to change my browser as it can be a browser problem hahaha lol. I again explained that most sites are full speed but some like github.com and ubuntu archives (which I had provided links and explanation in my PGPortal complaint notes) are giving very slow speeds probably some routing issue she said she will again check with backend team and get back to me 😀 I dont have much hopes!

My PG Portal complaint was closed today without resolution but with a message that "all out efforts" are being made to resolve the issue still.

I have given up on bsnl ftth. They dont get off their chairs to do anything. Opting for a local company- he is promising me 50mbps speed and 500gb for a month with a charge of 1000/- He already installed the cable (free of charge)- now awaiting the router and modem installation !

@dryash Bro if you are going for local companies make sure if they are providing unlimited plans. You can easily cap 500gb if there are 3 to 4 people using the connection.
Many local providers provide 30,40, 50 mbps unlimited without any cap for about 1000 bucks. Check in your locality before going for 500gb pack.
👍

Ok will check with the guy as well. He has also told me he will increase the speed automatically once the network is upgraded 🙂 sounds too good to be true. Just hope it is 😀

@dryash nothing bad in that we got our first fiber connection in college back in 2017 with speed of 5mbps gradually it was upgraded to 10 - then 30 with same price 1k.
The point is it was truly unlimited without any fup. Which was needed since lot of people might rely on same connection like over here 4 people on one 30 mbps connection we capped easily 940 gb (upload+download).
Please do note this just includes 4 mobile uses browsing at 1080p and downloading torrents.
If you are using a uhd smart tv+ pc in home this might be total different story may go even upto 1.5-2tb.
So that's why fiber with fup is not a so good idea. 👍
Cheers mate.

Lol you are worried about daily FUP, BSNL guy calls me up and says we are giving three bundled sims with your current 1199 plan. Then automatically my plan changes from 10 Mbps 20 GB/ day to 30 GB FUP per month

Contacted exchange they said that wait till 5th Feb if it doesn't change we will migrate you to the old plan.

@Crazyguy030601 I will wait to see if they are able to restore my older plan i.e ₹1199 10 Mbps with 20 GB FUP per day and I get to keep the 3 Sims as well. They said wait till 5 the Feb to find out.

If not that's not possible I will return the 3 sims and i will be back to my old plan.

Good Morning Guys I have been having a strange problem with my fiber plan since last Thursday. I am unable to open various websites. I also have BSNL BroadBand. Sites opening well in Broadband. But in my fiber connection, I am unable to open websites. But torrents and other things are working fine in fiber. Speedtest.net shows LATENCY TEST ERROR. I change DNS. The problem doesn't go away even after changing DNS. what Could be the reason? I tried to open websites through Tablet and my laptop. Websites like gsmarena.com kproxy.com. I am unable to open it on fiber. what could be the reason behind it? Any 1 Please help? Have they blocked websites in fiber connections?

Did you reboot after changing DNS? I can't think of anything else other than some problem in your local telephone exchange OLT server or whatever.