Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 108,015
Hi Guys,

I'm gonna take BSNL FTTH but BSNL is asking me to take the fiber overhead instead of underground but there is a local road between the exchange and my home. (the distance is 50m) Can you guys share a picture of the fiber cable which came to your house from the exchange/jumper? I just want to see the thickness
mUmHUbT.png

The thickness of my fiber cable is same as TV (cable/DTH) wire which is about 1 centimeter thick from my home to nearest junction box. I dont know if there is other type of thicker cable outside my house for wiring from telephone exchange to my residential area.

I think overheads fiber are the ones which come with some hardshell on top of them.

yes its linux kernel 😀 but i mainly want to see speeds to github and ubuntu USA archive for other bsnl ftth users. i am getting low speeds 5-10 mbps which is a bummer. in case others are getting good speeds that gives me hope i can raise a complaint to get it fixed.

But why is there such a big difference? I remember doing a speedtest to Sprint's server in Sacramento and I could get about 60 mbps.

Did anyone of you try downloading with IDM or any other good download manager.

But why is there such a big difference? I remember doing a speedtest to Sprint's server in Sacramento and I could get about 60 mbps.

Even I get good speeds on many foreign speed test locations. It's as if BSNL is intentionally boosting speedtest sites 😀 but throttling normal downloads. I'm guessing it's just a routing problem which BSNL network engineers either don't know about or don't care about.

Did anyone of you try downloading with IDM or any other good download manager.

Yes, using download managers and torrents you get full speed with multiple simultaneous connections. But I wanted to check simple single connection because that is what github (git command) and linux OS updates use, they don't go for parallel downloads.