Need Some Info On 256k Connection Plz :)

• Thread starter Thread starter jabronni16
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,651

jabronni16

ISP
airtel
hey guys, im planning to switch to airtel (thanx to sify). i wanna know hows the 256k unlimited pack. heres what i exactly wanna know1. the cost - since i cant find it on the website (im from pune)2. the download and upload speed3. the consistency of the download speed - does it suddenly drop from 256k to 128k during the daytime especially for the heavy dwnloaders.4. quality of their cc 5. would i be experiencing frequent disconnection problems with airtel as i am now with sify.please note im only talking about the 256k unlimited package and nothing else. thanx

read earlier posts and threads.

yea i did that, but just wanna know hows their customer care, i mean do they act fast in fixing any problems. and secondly (altho im 90% sure of the answer), its definately worth switching from sify to airtel right?? just these 2 answers and im done lol. thanx

what i can say about my experience with airtel in gurgaon...speeds are slower than what they promise. but the connection is rock solid. customer support is excellent. the wiring they do is awesome and they would not crib if you get them to wire all your rooms for ya. 😉

oh....i saw so many topics here with people saying they get speeds like 25-30kbps during the day and around 50+kbps at night :-/ on a 256kbps connection

You will get good speeds, that's for sure... every now and then the speeds might drop but the customer care is very good.As Sushubh said, their wiring itself if way more professional than others.Their customer care is fairly fast in addressing problems - in fact for the landline if there is any problem (and I haven't had one in the 2 years I have had it!) they solve it within 4 hours. The broadband might take a day or two but that's good enough.And yes, there should be no second thought about shifting from Sify to Airtel.

Im using Airtel since the last 6-7 months and lemme tell you I'v never experienced downtime.I have 256kbps(day)/512kbps(night),1GB limit plan and speeds are pretty consistent here in north delhi.Customer care is top notch(though you'll rarely need em).