• Thread starter Thread starter Tejas01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 229
  • Views Views 23,726

Tejas01

Dream big in life.
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
This will be my first washing machine and I am truly clueless what should I look for. Need your help with some pointers. Following are some details if they help.

1. Top load machine for a family of two.
2. Weight- between 6-7 kg. I mean I don't know. Will 7 kg be too much for 2 people. We will be primarily using it for washing heavy clothes like bedsheets, curtains, recron pillows. I was thinking of getting 6.5 kgs if in case there is extra load. 7 kg just to be extra safe.
3. Which brand to look for? No idea. LG seems fine. Any brand which has a better service record. I have had bad experiences with big brands like Sony, Hitachi, IFB. So will be avoiding them. Samsung, LG have been good for me. My 2002 Samsung refrigerator still going strong.
4. Most important- I live in an area where the issue of corrosion is significant. So any company which offers durable electronics will be preferred.(Seems LG already got a head start here with corrosion proof and inverter tech.)
5. Availability of spare parts.
6. I live on 4th floor and the main water tank is on the 8th floor(terrace). So I am assuming there shouldn't be any issue with water pressure. In summers it may create some problem when water supply is reduced.
7. Budget 15,000-18,000.
8. Can i get a heater in top load models? From what I searched for, didn't find any.
What are the other things I need to look for? Do I need to get a wheel tray? I mean I am looking at a possibility that I might have to move the machine during summers when water supply and pressure is low.
What are the demerits of not having the required water pressure?

How efficient are detergent pods?
I use my machine at full load 1400 rpm quite frequently. No excessive vibration. No displacement.

Upvote 0
Exactly.... my point. I mean how should a small weight like t-shirt can cause the load to become unbalanced. Other items like bedsheets, duvets after dampening adds to weight so it can be unbalanced. But not t-shirt.
And the worst part. Those idiots say this is normal.. Sir, itna toh machine hilega hi. I even escalated my third complaint to get hold of an experienced technician since the one assigned to my area looks like puberty just hit him. While he did to wash the heavy bedsheet it somewhat worked ok but even he was saying sir itna machine to hilega hi. Sir pehle ki machines se toh kafi kam hilti hai.
Then I thought may be I am expecting too much from my machine. Never used a previous generation machine before so don't have any base to compare to. So I quitely gave up.

Upvote 0
i think madaxe got the best deal out of us. great price for his 9KG machine and his machine seems well balanced and quite stable 😁 we both got unlucky and got unstable machines.

as for pods... i would love to use them as they are a unified solution. i use comfort and washing powder and end result is never great. sometimes i would end up putting in too much which would result in cloths with too much fragrance and sometimes there would be no fragrance. pods i imagine would overall work better providing unified washing experience in all washes as quantity of detergent and softner would be uniform. as long as you can wash a reasonable load in one go!

Upvote 0
saw a bunch of videos of pods on youtube. as usual lot of shit and nothing very useful. also noticed that some people use more than one pods in their washing cycle. i guess it depends upon the side of the tub and how many cloths it can accommodate. i don't think i would be switching to them in a while. but seems like a good option if you wash full loads once or twice a week. might buy a pack if i find them at a good price and give them a go.

Upvote 0
All this happened when my washing machine legs were at the max height. This caused vibrations but didn't face "bullets firing" sound. Then, I levelled my machine again by getting the legs at the bottom. This kinda reduced vibrations but it made loud irritating sound (firing bullets) at the left corner near dispenser tray. So I finally got the legs back at the top position, let it vibrate and made my peace with it.
Never mind that machine would still move in both the cases.

@Sushubh Don't go for excess comfort. As it's a petroleum product it gives that fabric softness by forming a layer of petro residue which inhibits the fabrics abilitiy, like cotton, to breathe. This leads to clothes slowly deteriorating over time and poor wash quality. Go for desi distelled vinegar, (95% water, 5% acetic acid) to remove the build up of detergent. Use comform occasionally to reduce buildup.
I am going to try this next to next week to see whether it has any impact or not.

Upvote 0
try recording a video of the vibration that is bothering you. my previous ifb and current LG both have similar vibration and movement problem under less than perfect conditions so maybe what you are seeing is something i am quite used to seeing at my end.

Upvote 0
I have no idea how dryers work. Hot air? Coz rotating is never going to dry cloths! In movies they get ready to wear cloths from dryer 🤔
Yes the one that I have uses hot air while spinning . Idk how exactly it works but it dries your clothes completely and you can wear them immediately after taking them out from the machine . The clothes feel very warm like you just ironed them.

Upvote 0
@Reklez That's great. How much did you get it for?
Dk why I wasn't told about this model by the LG guys.
Are washers and dryers a different category than washing machines because this model doesn't show up under FL machines on the LG website?

Upvote 0
Brought 100gm x 8 pkts ifb descaler for 225 from flipkart.

If detergent lumps can be seen on your clothes then either use less detergent or longer cycle with higher temperature.
I try to use atleast 1hr+ cycle with temprature of 40 to 60 depending on clothes condition.
Never used more than one scoop of detergent as it tend to shrink clothes.
front load use gravity to clean clothes so half time machine is not working so try longer cycle for better result.
cycle like quick 30 should be rarely used.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So i tried to wash my t-shirt twice on Download cycle today to see if the machine moves. In first case it moved left to right. I thought the cloth would have lumped after being used twice so I gave another try. The 2nd t-shirt was a dry one and after machine rinsing with water, this time the machine moved from right to left. So in both the cases the machine moved and I also changed clothes to remove any ambiguity whatsover. I could have shared the video here but they are more than 650MB so I don't know how to share here. My upload speed is also less than 1MB so it will take an eternity to upload it on gdrive and share the link here.

Upvote 0
slant on the right side as visible in image shared privately... this might be one of the reasons for the problem. back to front alignment probably does not matter as much as drum does not rotate in that direction. i suggest fixing alignment by i believe tightening the bottom legs. and get the 3m anti skid pads and place them under all four legs. might improve grip hence stability. i have a feeling that the floor type is a bit more important here. i have tiles in the bathroom where the machine is placed but they are not flat design because i hate flat smooth tiles that gets slippery under water. on the other hand, one would expect the machine to displace on a smoother surface so i have no idea what's wrong with our machines.

Upvote 0
From where do we get 3m anti skid pads? Searched on Amazon, didn't find any. I will most probably call him and get him to level the machine. I have already tried it 4-5 times and instead of legs getting tight when screwing/unscrewing they move the machine. LG booklet says there are two screws, one to loosen/tighten and other to adjust the legs. In my case I can adjust only the legs, not the fastner top screw.
Even in YouTube vidoes from LG India channel shows this dual arrangement.

When I ask LG guys, they say yeh aisehi hai which further pisses me off. It's like I can rotate the legs but cannot tighten them.

Upvote 0
local hardware store maybe. i haven't been able to find them either. sometimes i do find anti skid tape but that probably won't work here.

LG manual also has an accessory caps for the feet to improve stability. sadly lg customer care had no idea about that and they do not have it in stock. overall, it has been quite frustrating. this is a basic issue with washing machines and lg claims on their product pages that this range of machines are low vibrating and yet every review on Amazon would complain about the same issue.

Jt0yjHD.webp

lol nm. just realized that this is not for the machine. lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0