• Thread starter Thread starter Tejas01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 229
  • Views Views 23,688

Tejas01

Dream big in life.
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
This will be my first washing machine and I am truly clueless what should I look for. Need your help with some pointers. Following are some details if they help.

1. Top load machine for a family of two.
2. Weight- between 6-7 kg. I mean I don't know. Will 7 kg be too much for 2 people. We will be primarily using it for washing heavy clothes like bedsheets, curtains, recron pillows. I was thinking of getting 6.5 kgs if in case there is extra load. 7 kg just to be extra safe.
3. Which brand to look for? No idea. LG seems fine. Any brand which has a better service record. I have had bad experiences with big brands like Sony, Hitachi, IFB. So will be avoiding them. Samsung, LG have been good for me. My 2002 Samsung refrigerator still going strong.
4. Most important- I live in an area where the issue of corrosion is significant. So any company which offers durable electronics will be preferred.(Seems LG already got a head start here with corrosion proof and inverter tech.)
5. Availability of spare parts.
6. I live on 4th floor and the main water tank is on the 8th floor(terrace). So I am assuming there shouldn't be any issue with water pressure. In summers it may create some problem when water supply is reduced.
7. Budget 15,000-18,000.
8. Can i get a heater in top load models? From what I searched for, didn't find any.
What are the other things I need to look for? Do I need to get a wheel tray? I mean I am looking at a possibility that I might have to move the machine during summers when water supply and pressure is low.
What are the demerits of not having the required water pressure?

surf is not very viscous from my experience. even then i actually keep it diluted in my bottle which makes it easier to put in. and i do not have to worry about putting in too much lol.

Upvote 0
so anyone here tried a non-surf/ariel/tide detergent? one of the plant based non-chemical ones? trying to switch to a zero fragrance alternative and there are a few but reviews are so contradicting.

Upvote 0
Reviews are mixed bag. Hence dropped the plan to go with one kg them. Given that my are has hard water, I had doubts on the efficacy of plant based products.
The thing is, you will be the best judge coz there are many parameters to determine if the product is good or not. For instance, I found the Ariel pretty good under normal conditions but under present ones, it is not as good as my current Henko as water is a bit hard.
TBD, try one and see if it meets your expectations.

Upvote 0
Yup, still have this is my wishlist since the early days. Not able to convince myself to get it after reading contradictory reviews.

Upvote 0