Need new phone for mom - any suggestions?

indianarchie

Regular
ISP
MTNL Xpress Non-combo 650 Unltd.
My mom has decided that she wants a smartphone. She was using a basic Nokia till now. Which phones can you recommend for under 8-9k with the following features:

[*]Screen size: 4 inch or below. Ideally 3.5-4 inch
[*]Battery life: atleast 1 full day, replaceable battery required
[*]Android version: 2.3 and above, pref ICS.
[*]RAM: 512 Mb would be good, needs a smooth experience even with apps installed
[*]Call quality: the best possible!
[*]After sales: hopefully, good enough to not get screwed if there are issues.
[/list]I saw some basic micromax models like a54/57 but they felt like toy phones for kids. Others like the Xolo a700/Karbonn a21 were nice but the screen size would be too big for mom.
So, any suggestions?

Since its for your mom ..why not iPhone 3GS?

Upvote 0
How much would the iPhone 3GS cost now? The thing is, the phone will be used for atleast 2 years and with new 3GS phones unavailable, there is no way a refurbished/used model's battery will last that long. Also, the battery isint replaceable and I am loathe to buy a new phone for the sake of a battery. I am already facing battery drain with my ipod touch 3rd gen (similar specs to 3GS).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Lol I was about to start a similar thread. My mother has the same requirements, only she's willing to spend upto 15k. What should I get her? I was thinking about he Lumia 620...I would suggest you the 3GS as per your requirements, only that it's Apple, instead of android.

Upvote 0
Update: The iPhone 3gs and xperia E werent available. I finally bought the Xolo A500 from croma yesterday for 7k. Is anyone interested in any benchmarks or tests? If yes, you'll have to guide me on what apps to install etc as I am using Android for the first time.

Upvote 0