Need info about Fivenet in Navi Mumbai?

• Thread starter Thread starter jamie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 12,065
So Hotshot Which connection are you using now !!!??

:doh: Read post #14 again.

Its Fivenet through distributor/cablewala SSV.
SSV customer care is horrible though.
Generally after u register a complaint, commonly used excuses are:
1.Someone will visit your residence before 8pm.
2.The technician is "In The Field". You have got to hate this one basically they r telling u dont call customer care coz he's on the way. Ofcourse, the so-called technician never arrives the same day.

What u can do is find out the positives & negatives of each ISP. Decide which negatives r acceptable to you or which positives u definitely want & ultimately make your decision based on that.
Important criteria to keep in mind:
1.What speeds do you get for the money u spend?
2.Downtime frequency
3.Quality of customer care/support/repair time.

If u want to go for MTNL, find out if other people in your locality have it & what are the downtimes they face. Also how long does it take for the MTNL guys to fix their connection problems.

Based on what I've heard from consumers and people in the industry is that SSV is the problem, no matter which ISP you choose. Unfortunately, in Navi Mumbai, it's SSV or nothing when it comes to subscribing to a cable ISPs, such as Fivenet.

Based on what I've heard from consumers and people in the industry is that SSV is the problem, no matter which ISP you choose.

Unfortunately, in Navi Mumbai, it's SSV or nothing when it comes to subscribing to a cable ISPs, such as Fivenet.

I concur. :solid:

So when can I expect Hayai to arrive? In the meantime, my journey to find that ever elusive reliable ISP continues.

Fivenet does provide a decent & stable connection. Its unfortunate that SSV is ruining it for the users. The usual response time at my place is approx 1 hr. i have complained only twice in about 3 mnths. total downtime apprx 2hrs in 3mnths.

I concur. :solid:

So when can I expect Hayai to arrive? In the meantime, my journey to find that ever elusive reliable ISP continues.

That's all being discussed in the Hayai threads.

All of the cable ISPs will only be as reliable or as good as what we might call "the weakest link", that is the cablewala. Probably the only way you can get better service will be if/when an ISP can reach you without using the cablewala (in your case, that means SSV).

All of the cable ISPs will only be as reliable or as good as what we might call "the weakest link", that is the cablewala. Probably the only way you can get better service will be if/when an ISP can reach you without using the cablewala (in your case, that means SSV).
Very useful info. Spot on there about the weakest link. Cablewala behaves as if he really doesn't care about providing support, makes u wonder why Fivenet does not handle tech support on its own. I am assuming Fivenet doesn't want to do the hard part i.e. maintenance & therefore involves cablewalas.
Eventually when the cablewalas don't provide proper support,Fivenet will start losing customers(revenue) then & maybe then will they decide to take cablewalas out of the equation.
As of now it appears that Fivenet chooses not to provide direct maintenance/support.

Very useful info. Spot on there about the weakest link. Cablewala behaves as if he really doesn't care about providing support, makes u wonder why Fivenet does not handle tech support on its own. I am assuming Fivenet doesn't want to do the hard part i.e. maintenance & therefore involves cablewalas.
Eventually when the cablewalas don't provide proper support,Fivenet will start losing customers(revenue) then & maybe then will they decide to take cablewalas out of the equation.
As of now it appears that Fivenet chooses not to provide direct maintenance/support.

This isn't limited to Fivenet. This would apply to ALL cable ISPs. Apparently Fivenet sees sufficient advantage to using cablewalas over building it's own network (given that there are no open-access networks available) to justify continuing to use (and thus support) the existence of cablewalas.

Either that or it has no choice because of the amount of money involved in laying their own cables.

Or maybe they tried building their own network and experienced too many problems and "malicious behaviour" from cablewalas who didn't want their territory being encroached on - and with Fivenet being based in Sion, I wouldn't be too surprised if even this were a possibility.

Frankly, it could be any number of reasons.