Need help with setting up Bridge Mode on Genexis Platinum-4410

• Thread starter Thread starter wazarikun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 21,218
ISP
BSNL
Hi guys, I've had my home Platinum-4410 for a while now, I've never used it as much since I was at college. Now that I'm back at home, I wanted to extend the wifi range by getting a router (DIR-825). It works but then I realized I was double NAT-ting and not really getting the speeds that I want, slower than directly connecting to the modem directly.

Can someone help me set it up into bridge mode? I'll just use the router I got as the main router and buy another one just as an access point.

Are you using the DIR-825 as a router or AP? You can use it as just an AP by disabling DHCP on the router. Your modem will handle DHCP and NAT.

I'm using the DIR-825 as a router. I want to put my Genexis modem into bridge mode as it really lacks in management features as compared to the DIR-825, I just want it to function as a modem (without the DHCP and the like.).

I can't find any user guides for this device. except for some screenshots. Check Net>WAN page for Mode. There you should be able to change from Route to Bridge. Send screenshots if it isn't there though, we can help you find it.

Image 001.webp
Image 002.webp

That's it you're in bridge mode now. Now you can login with PPPoE on your router.

It's probably pppoe passthrough, not exactly sure how but it should mean both router and modem will be able to login to pppoe. Had slowdowns while I did this on ADSL with an old D-Link. Bridge mode would be better, only your router will login.

Please Suggest Best wifi Router for MTNL Delhi Genexis - Wifi ac or Wifi ax and how to configure. I m getting Speed of 30 mbps with provided router on Wifi. But when i check with cable, its giving 300 mbps.

I have tried both TP-Link AC ROUTER AC 1200 (MODEL C6) , And TP-Link AX ROUTER AX 10 (1500) with MTNL ONT genexis (Delhi). I have tried both LAN Post and Wifi ac and Wifi 6 (on Samsung S10 Plus).
I am getting 80 to 90 mbps on both LAN and wifi. My Plan is of 500 mbps. Do i have to change any values in Bridge Mode in MTNL ONT ?? I got 300 mbps on MTNL modem via LAN (in ROUTE MODE).

I have been using the C6 by connecting via lan cable till now leading do double NAT. I want to switch to using it via bridge mode. I don't really know how to proceed, kindly guide me with the necessary steps.

Thank you.