Need help with migration to new satellite. . .

• Thread starter Thread starter emptymt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,255

emptymt

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Am a Airtel HD subscriber. Called up to subscribe for the new HD pack(4 HD channels). Also a host of new channels have now been added. However require my dish to be realigned to the new satellite before the HD pack can be activated. Been over 2 weeks and innumerable calls, but no avail. No one at cc has a clue as to whats going on (well not really surprising, is it). And considering the engineers have to attend to new installation as well as re align pretty much all of existing customer, I expect it to take quite a wait before I can enjoy the new channels.Having said that, are there any forum members who know any private individuals who will come and do the realign process for a fee? Or if anyone has the contact details of an airtel service personnel on the ground who could be of help. Because I know many people who take Indian DTH connections to the middle east and have it setup there by some private individuals. Wondering if there are any such in Mumbai.Or if anyone has DIY instuctions I dont mind giving it a shot myself ( Am working on the naive assumption that u have to point the satellite in one general direction and then keep on tweaking it till we get a lock on a good signal strength.)

I had called Airtel DTH, and they sent engineer very next day for realignment. It was done free of cost.

Finally I got my migration today!I called on Thursday and I got call yesterday about migration but I was busy so it was done by today! They took only 10 Mins to complete things! They came withe their own FTA Receivers and other things and I'm getting new signal level of 252 compare to 217!Now I'm getting 999 and Masti channel without activation!