Need help with International Transactions

Cards issued by SBI won't work where merchants have not implemented 3D Secure. That alone excludes pretty much all international merchants. You could open an account with any private bank and maintain the minimum required balance except for when you intend to carry out an international transaction.

I've had an account with HDFC since I turned 18 and an account in Axis since I was 19. I've had only pleasant experiences with both of them.

Online Banking - India's First Mobile Only Bank - digibank by DBS India

This one gives you a virtual visa debit card. I wonder if it works internationally.

Most private banks today require a minimum of at least Rs. 10,000 as minimum balance. So this is worth looking into ICICI B2 is another option though again not sure if the virtual card provided by it works online.

Minimum balance would depend on where he's located. It is ₹10,000 for urban, ₹5,000 for semi urban and ₹2,500 for rural areas.

Yupp, I live in much tier-3 city and here condition was 10K, but check their website. probably if you open your account with 25K they would allow you unlimited ATM transactions and some Auto-Sweep facility which auto deposit the amount to FD above the threshold limit.
Other ICICI users can explain you much better.
Was talking about this one Silver Savings Account | Silver Privilege Account | Open Silver Savings Account | ICICI Bank India IMO its better to deposit 15K more and enjoy unlimited ATM facility.

For ICICI, I suggest that you check with your local branch what offers they have. Branches in my experience have more leeway than call center guys/internet offers.

@Ouch was talking about this
You can request for transfer of your Savings Account from one branch of ICICI Bank to another by giving a written request at the branch, or by calling the 24x7 Customer Care or you can place a request through Internet Banking.

The account will be transferred within 2 working days without:

• Suspending the account operations
  • Change in the account number
  • Surrender of debit card or cheque book
Check Saving account portability Silver Savings Account | Silver Privilege Account | Open Silver Savings Account | ICICI Bank India

dunno. i was told that i had to go to the parent branch to submit an application. maybe they have changed the requirements in recent years.

Yupp seems like they have changed the rule very recently as the last time I visited their website, I did not find this thing. I must say its welcome move for the salaried persons who get transferred frequently. They would not need to visit the branch.