need help with adsl type -II teracom modem.

vaddadi.pa1

ISP
bsnl
i messed up with modem settings in 192.168.1.1 address. the settings are under configuration>internet connection i deleted all the PVC connections under the name of PVC.. i did this all by following Initial Setup of Teracom Type-II ADSL Modem page. i need to share the connection with a pc connected by lan to modem , and a laptop connected by wifi to modem. but , all got reversed. this connection worked finr when BSNL techie had loaded my modem with some thier own settings.. but after deleting all the 6 PVC's,i made a new connection following exact steps mentioned in the above given address, but i couldnt connect to internet at all.. then i tried the bridge connection. then trough dial-up , i got connected.. but through wireless, i couldnt connect to internet..

can anyone please tell me the pppoe connection settings, by which , i can use internet simultaneously on a desktop, on a laptop by wifi?, and dial-up connection is possible for this kind of multiuser interface??

another que!.: im using night unlimited plan 600. will there be any problem if i use PPPoE connection which has "always on" feature? because, i assume that it can cross the 2.5Gb limit very easily even if i dont use....

plz help...thanks in advance! 🙂

1. The modem configuration for Internet is exactly the same:

2. If you are configuring your computer for static IP address then please enter these settings

IP address could be 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.3 Please ensure to enter DNS address 192.168.1.1

Otherwise select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.

3. For NU plans in BSNL, you have to reset modem at 02:00 to start new session otherwise Data transfer is counted. (As it was in 2008)

"onlytest" ,i tried the same settingss as u have said.. (except the pvc name is different though)..🙂 but i couldn't connect to internet. now im using bridge connection instead of "pppoe". i connect through dial-up. but i can use either laptop(by wifi) or desktop(by LAN) at a time!.. is there any way to use simultaneously both of them? plz reply! ..thanks in advance

You can install TeamViewer and give me the ID and pass. This way I can see your settings remotely.

Have you tried my backup configuration?

please open command prompt then type ipconfig /all provide its screenshot.

my heart almost skipped a beat dude!.. i applied ur configuration!,.. and then suddenly i coudnt even open 192.168.1.1 . it was a good thing that i have taken backup of previous config , and then i have pressed reset button , later i applied my previous settings!.. 🙁my heart almost skipped a beat dude!.. i applied ur configuration!,.. and then suddenly i coudnt even open 192.168.1.1 . it was a good thing that i have taken backup of previous config , and then i have pressed reset button , later i applied my previous settings!.. 🙁

Oh sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to tell you. I have changed login address to http://192.168.1.1:8080

Please try again, and try this address http://192.168.1.1:8080. You always have Factory reset button.

I am using same modem on MTNL broadband network. Configuration file is only settings that can be changed by users and can be reset using reset button.

And say to your heart that do not skip beats in these small things.

I pointed out one more error there in Initial Setup of Teracom Type-II ADSL Modem These settings are for bridge mode only. PPPoE dialing You can not use Modem as router in bridge mode (pppoe dialing)

In configuration connection type page, don't select bridging. Select PPP over ethernet Then press next. Do exactly shown in my uploaded screenshots.