need help urgenty

ISP
bsnl
hiiiii friends im new to this section im having Dell laptop and using vista business and ubuntu....im cinnecting internet through Linksys router...but wifi is connecting in vista and i can access internet...but i cant access in ubuntu...can you help me....how to connect wifi in ubuntu..

Very Likely you don't have IEE 802.11 drivers installed on ubuntu. Install it and enjoy 🙂(BTW getting driver ain't that easy!)

what version of Ubuntu and what laptop model?Wait a few days for Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex to release it has much better wireless support or you could look up ubuntuforums.org

the RC is already out and i heard they again messed up with nvidia drivers.my Dell inspiron connects fine wirelessly from linux. you need to know the name of ur wifi card.

good luck

OT : @sushubh, ubuntu people havent messed up with nvidia drivers, it nvidia themselves who are to blame. I am running Fedora 9 , and Nvidia performance is ver very poor here too, in both Kde4 and Gnome. I am cursing the day I bought this stupid Nvidia card. I would have been much happier with Intel Integrated Graphics.